|Job Ref:||160003IW||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:06|
QuickServe Online Solutions Architect |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a QuickServe Online Solutions Architect. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. Work with IT support organizations to ensure application technical quality, reliability, maintainability, performance and cost effectiveness. Work with business owners to develop and implement transition plans to common software and / or new versions. Provide management for assigned set of related application systems and technologies.
• Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and works under minimal supervision.
• Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
• Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
• Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
• Influences at department or program management level.
• Provides input on program-related decisions.
• Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
• Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
• Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
• Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
• Stays abreast of technology advances through collaboration with industry peers within their discipline.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Software Development Project Management Experience
• Relational Database Design
• Oracle/MySQL, PL/SQL Programming ( )
• User Interface Design / User Experience ( )
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Highly motivated to improve the overall groups skills
• Basic project/time management
• Must work well with a group
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
College, university, or equivalent degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology required. Green Belt certification desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .