|Job Ref:||204752381||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£NEG Neog||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:27|
To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective and existing clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team and Client.
* Arrange site inspections
* Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
* Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ)
* Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
* Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
* Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
* Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
* Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
* Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
* Discuss the clients requirements with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
* Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
* Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
* Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years.
* Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
* Management skills - basic programming, planning, compiling reports.
* Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing - Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
* Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
* Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
* Good organisation skills and attention to detail
* Confident and resourceful
* Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
* Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
* Personal commitment to equality and diversity
This is a SkyBlue Solutions vacancy and we are operating as an employment Business/Agency in this instance.
As an Equal Opportunities organisation SkyBlue guarantees that all applicants will receive equal treatment within our application and selection process.
We will endeavour to meet the individual needs of all our applicants and make any reasonable adjustments that you may require during the selection process and beyond. Please let us know what adjustments you may require when submitting your application