|Job Ref:||204752523||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Egham||Address:||Post Code:||TW20||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:27|
Quantity Surveyor - Egham - Permanent|
Our Client is a commercial interior main contracting specialist, undertaking office, light industrial and retail Category A and B fit-outs and refurbishments.
Our client has completed projects ranging from £500,000 up to £10m.
The need now exists for a Quantity Surveyor.
You will be responsible for overseeing a proportion of Cubes commercial work in order to minimise the costs of projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
• Reviewing contract documents, including bills of quantities and preliminaries.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Financial controlling accountability.
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Preparing and analysing tender returns.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Re-measuring projects insuring they match with the Estimators bill of quantities.
• Overview of sub-contractor accounts.
• Managing valuation and sub-contractor invoicing.
• Needs to be aware of the different building contracts in current use.
• Performing risk and value management and cost control.
• Liaising with professional teams, especially quantity/building surveyors.
• Understanding and making sure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
Suitable candidate must have a minimum 5 years' commercial office interiors contract management experience on project values from £50k to £2.5m on both refurbishment and fitting out projects and be able to demonstrate a solid track record of overseeing and delivering profitable commercial projects.
In return our client offers a competitive salary plus package