|Job Ref:||204752642||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dundee||Address:||Post Code:||DD3||Salary:||£41000/annum Full Package (Car, Fuel Card, Hols)||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:27|
Our client, a leading contractor within the facilities management/repairs and maintenance industry, are currently looking for a Project Manager to run a Student Accommodation Refurbishment contract in Dundee.|
The contract will involve the full refurbishment of 130 flats for student accommodation, including kitchen and bathroom refurbs and communal area reconstruction.
The selected candidates main duties will be:
• To monitor and accurately report on project progress against programme with suitable technical skills to make decisions relating to variations that may materially affect cost and programme duration.
• To evaluate and manage the variation process
• To evaluate and manage additional and remedial works.
• To compile and prepare reports for the wider project team
• To provide the technical knowledge to deal with all building services and fabric problems and understand when to engage with specialist to provide additional technical and professional advice in relation to site problems encountered.
• To attend meetings and engage with construction professionals and accurately record the substance of such meetings is also desirable along with managing and verifying variations and remedial works.
• To liaise with the investors appointed representatives
• Provide specialist input as required across all FM contracts including assistance with Bids/Tenders when necessary.
• Compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 at all times
• To ensure full compliance with relevant health and safety requirements, including acting as a safety representative for the designated business unit.
• To promote the highest possible level of customer care.
• To ensure all company systems and procedures are implemented at all times.
• To ensure compliance with all company policies including equal opportunities.
• To carry out any other duties necessary for the delivery of the service.
• Read, Understand and Comply with the SHE Policy and Procedures.
• Report and Record Near Miss situations.
• Take care of your own health and safety and the safety of others whilst at work and ensure you do not cause harm to others or the environment through your acts or omissions.
• Ensure Good Housekeeping at all times.
The below experience is preferred but not essential:
• Institute of Clerk of Works or similar experience/qualification
• Project Management experience in a construction and maintenance environment
• Experience of Commercial refurbishment contracts
• Experience of Building Services problems and solutions
• Experience of electrical plumbing and heating upgrades
• Experience of building fabric upgrades including plaster patching and making good walls, floors and ceilings
• Experience of finishes including painting and decorating, hard flooring , soft flooring and soft furnishings
• Experience of assessing project progress and providing progress reports
• Experience of managing project information including product data, warranties, guarantees and CDM information.
• Experience of Sub-contractor management.
• Ability to prioritise work within a range of complex work areas.
• Knowledge of industry health and safety requirements. Prepare relevant SHE documentation and guide colleagues to comply with health and safety regulations.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft project, along with word and excel proficiency.
• To relate to clients positively, compromisingly and sensitively, communicating effectively.
• Whilst working hours are contracted, the post holder will be expected to take a responsible attitude to delivering work objectives, which may involve on occasion working longer hours.
• To work as a team member and to comply with set objectives and procedures.
• A current clean driving licence is essential.
Interviews are due to be held next week with a view to starting as soon as possible