|Job Ref:||204752958||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum £5k travel, health benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:27|
Purpose of the Job|
To support effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
* Supporting the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
* Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility.
* Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
* Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
* Completing daily reports; keeping the Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
* Supporting the Project Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractors' compliance with relevant Commitments.
* Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
* Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
* Understanding of project controls processes.
* Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
* Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
* Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
* Knowledge of communications systems (e.g. PA/VA, CCTV, fibre and copper cabling, Customer Information Systems, Help Points & Telephony, networks, SCADA, Radio).
* Previous relevant experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project delivery of communications systems in the rail industry.
Extra Info on Role;
* Overseeing construction activities - strong experience and knowledge of works "on-site". Ideally worked on both client and contractor side, i.e. history of both supervising and actual doing.
* Site reporting - being able to explain how site reports are compiled and what typical contents are. Good site engineers should have a history of producing good robust site reports.
* Interfaces with other trades - knowledge and experience of working with other disciplines/trades such as Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Architects etc.
* C&C Systems knowledge - this is the key one. A large number of CVs in the past were for Civils, Structural, Electrical Engineers. We are looking for people with knowledge and experience of Telecoms systems, CCTV, PAVA, Radio, Telephony, C&C Cabling, Fibre Optics and Networks.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business