|Job Ref:||204753052||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum 7% pension, 25 days holiday + packag||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:27|
Senior Structural BIM Technician - Birmingham £35,000 - £38,000 + Package|
We are now looking for an experienced CAD technician to join an established and highly regarding civil and structural consultancy with a 25 strong team in Birmingham. Projects include some of the tallest buildings in the West Midlands riding to over 35 storeys. Sectors covered include; education, healthcare, residential and range in value up to £200m. This business has offices across the country and with a contemporary and refreshing image is able to provide a pleasant and modern working environment.
This role will involve the following:
- Working with the other members of the design team to produce 3D models for building structures
- Liaising with clients, architects, building services engineers and other professionals outside the company
- Take responsibility for checking own work and work produced by others, including external consultants, sub-consultants and contractors
- Complete work to agreed timescales, programme and budgetary constraints.
- Carry out site inspections and measured surveys when required.
- Motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good communicator with an excellent understanding of the design process
Candidates from a structural background would be preferred along with the following experience:
- Preferably ONC or HNC or Equivalent in Building Structures or Civil Engineering
- Design office experience
- Experience working with building structure projects in the UK
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Experience in Revit an advantage
- Experience of working with steelwork, masonry, timber & reinforced concrete
- Experience in refurbishment and new build
This role comes with a highly competitive salary of £35,000 - £38,000 + package and is an excellent opportunity to take a crucial role in a design practice and gain experience with cutting edge software