|Job Ref:||204753262||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£41000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Clerk of Works needed based in Central London on a Competitive salary |
Your new company
You will be working for one of the prominent and largest Housing Associations across London, Essex and the South East. The organisation take pride in providing good quality, affordable homes as it is one of the largest housing providers. The Central London office is looking to recruit a Clerk of Works on a permanent basis.
Your new role
As a Clerk of Works you will be responsible for providing support and contribute to the organisations development programme through effective control of construction and quality of building projects also to ensure that contractors are carrying out the Association's requirements. You will also be required to:
* Identify technical and quality issues on site, recommend corrective action
* To be familiar with Development Programme targets
* Promptly identify issues that could lead to future maintenance or practical problems for residents
* You will be expected to pay regular visits to projects and properties in contract and undertake regular site inspections, also checking work against contract specification.
* Monitor the performance of contractors and consultants. Also to immediately bring attention any serious quality or statutory breaches to the line manager.
* To be able to conduct performance reviews and to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
It is essential to obtain a full UK driving licence as there are travel requirements. You would have previously worked on site particularly with residential new build, also to portray a good image of the organisation at site. To be able to maintain constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. To have had previous experience managing contractors undertaking construction or refurbishment works. To have excellent organisational skills and to prioritise workloads to meet project deadlines.
You must be able to carry out full inspections, this will involve climbing ladders, climb onto scaffolding structures and high rise buildings. Alongside to be able to have sound knowledge of good building practice and knowledge of current statutory requirements including building regulations, Health and Safety at work plus construction design and management. Lastly, to have experience in inspecting building works, primarily housing projects in estates renewal, new-build, conversion and major repair work.
What you'll get in return
The salary will be £40,000+ based upon experience and skills. Alongside the salary you will also receive a pension scheme and the organisation will provide transport.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.