|Job Ref:||204753308||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Negotiable (DOE)||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Job Title - Senior Quantity Surveyor|
Position - Permanent
Location - Manchester
Salary - £40K to £50K + Benefits (Experience Dependant)
Our client is a professional quantity surveying practice that specialises in Quantity Surveying, Cost management, Employer's Agent and Project Monitoring across a range of sectors including; Residential, Student Accommodation, Education, Commercial, Retail and Sports & Leisure sectors.
Due to a busy pipeline of work and continued growth our client is currently recruiting a Cost Consultant / Quantity Surveyor to join the established team in a Senior position. You will be responsible for end to end service delivery often with respect to large and complex commissions. The successful Quantity Surveyor will act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that the clients objectives are met through delivery of a value added, cost management service.
The successful candidate will have gained experience working within a Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager role ideally for another Consultancy/PQS organisation, although not essential and should be competent when it comes to the delivery of small to large sized projects. Knowledge and experience gained across either Residential, Student Accommodation, Education, Commercial, Retail and/or Sports & Leisure sectors would be beneficial.
Responsibilities - Senior Quantity Surveyor
* Liaising with all stakeholders to enable the projects progress without delay.
* Assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models.
* Assist in the preparation of activity schedules and presentation of tender documentation.
* Attend interviews and carryout full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
* Ensure projects are managed in accordance with Contract and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
* Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at project level.
* Support the project delivery team and maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
* Review Principle / Main Contractors Subcontracts and identify where clauses are in breach of Partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
Key Requirements - Senior Quantity Surveyor
* Proven track record of delivering high value construction projects across Residential, Student Accommodation or Sports & Leisure.
* Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
* Qualified or working towards, MRICS / MCIOB / MICES.
* Comfortable interfacing with Senior Management and Stakeholders.
* Excellent analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decision and reporting findings to Clients and Stakeholders