|Job Ref:||204750477||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
A Building Services consultancy with for over 25 years have been successfully delivering building services engineering projects. They specialise in the design and contract administration of mechanical, electrical and public health services as part of building refurbishments and new build schemes across the UK. In addition, the company provides Feasibility Studies, Condition Surveys and has Lead Consultancy experience.|
The leading consultancy work principally in the commercial, healthcare, residential care, education, defence, retail and industrial sectors. Project values are often in excess of £10m. They have built up a strong sustainability background with experienced staff in low carbon design and low and zero carbon technologies.
You will play a big part in delivering these projects and will be given a lot of opportunity.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical designs across a number of client projects in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
You will be responsible for the following:
* Some direct work with the client from concept/feasibility stage
* Conduct initial and detailed designs on major large scale projects
* HVAC design calculations
* Mechanical Designs on a number of projects across different sectors
* Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
To be successful when applying for the Mechanical Design Engineer role you will possess the following skills and/or experience:
* Good Mechanical Design (Building Services) Engineering experience
* Good Mechanical Design skills
* HVAC experience
* Knowledge of British Standards and Building regulations
* Good communication skills, both oral and written