|Job Ref:||204750531||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wrexham||Address:||Post Code:||LL13||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum car allowance and benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Site Engineer - civil engineering - major regional main contractor - North Wales - £30k-£35k+package|
Site Engineer required for an excellent, local construction/civil engineering business with an excellent reputation for long service and promoting from within. All work local to the North Wales region and work with blue-chip clients! Salaries negotiable but c£30k-£35k+car/allowance, 26 days holiday and excellent contributory pension scheme.
Your key responsibility is to deliver a project that matches the contract drawings in terms of dimensions, depths, size, position, verticality using materials that conform with the specification to the expected quality in line with the programme.
Additionally, you will be involved in numerous tasks including but not limited to:
- Setting out and accurately giving dimensional control to civil engineering operations
- Producing 'take offs' of materials required and see that they are correctly referenced for requisitioning using available computer software. This includes creating points from setting out information given on drawings, checking levels with contours, ensuring proper fit of the new works to existing features etc
- Marking out, identifying all services and issuing of permits to work/dig
- Ensuring the calibration, condition and certification of surveying instruments are safe and up to date and records are kept
- Keeping accurate records of quantities and measures for payment purposes
- Ability to utilise CAD software to produce as-built records and sketches
- Maintaining Quality assurance records including photos, test records and prescribed inspections as required by the Quality Plan
- Working with the team in planning onsite works and keeping to programme
- Ensuring the timely delivery of materials as needed to avoid delays
The ideal candidate must have a relevant industry qualification such as a Degree in Civil Engineering or HNC. You will also have valid CSCS card, Health and Safety and SMSTS qualifications. It is essential that you have worked in a similar role and have excellent technical knowledge of civil engineering operations. You will be an excellent communicator and be able to liaise with a diverse team with ease