|Job Ref:||204750755||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kenilworth||Address:||Post Code:||CV8||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Site Manager - Contract|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Site Manager to join a well-known construction and engineering company on a temporary in Coventry. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the external works, hard and soft landscaping, including co-ordination of logistics / external envelope trades. Experience of operating permit to dig/ working adjacent to live services is essential.
To control, manage and deliver smaller scale site based construction project work and/or assist (Senior) Project Manager in the management and delivery of sections of a larger scale project or projects.
To provide management, leadership and control of a multi-disciplinary team. Management of trade contractors and their integration is key as is an ability to manage site logistics.
To meet customer specifications (safety, quality, time, etc.) such that all risk, specification and project objectives are met in full.
* Overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section or works/overall project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery of construction projects
* Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
* Motivate team and manage performance, undertaking training/ coaching as appropriate
* Draw up and monitor short term programmes
* Maintain accurate progress records
* Deliver regular Toolbox Talks
* Awareness of budget, cost control and cost recovery, ensuring that expenditure is in line with the contract budget, and that resources are utilised efficiently
Health Safety & Environmental
* Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within area of control under the strict observance of the safety policy and in conjunction with local HSE
* Carry out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
* Support Accident / Incident Investigations.
* Implement improvement options and lead action / instigate as appropriate
* Lead periodic risk reviews and take output forward to the Project Risk Register
* Monitor effectiveness of the H & S Management System
* Keep up to date with changes in legislation and cascade information to the team
* Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
Produce and regularly review the project programme to ensure completion on time under the supervision of a Project Manager
* targets and KPI's in line with Project objectives and monitor performance
* Ensure site audits are undertaken and take appropriate action on the findings
* Implement systems and processes to manage the quality of the constructive works
* Involved in working groups focused on Improvement Areas
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately, and experience in implementing systems improvements
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded
* Ability to work under pressure to deadlines, and a flexible attitude towards work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload
* CSCS Card and SMSTS qualified; must be willing to become First Aid qualified
* Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently without supervision
* Able and willing to make decisions following consideration of options based on best available information; track record of solution orientated approach to resolve issues
* Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel)
* Excellent role model for team and demonstrates required behaviours to align to business, project and team objectives
* Is a self-starter who can manage their own time
* Team management experience
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria - Immediate start for the right candidate. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to speak to those who have been shortlisted.
Recruitment Advisor |
M: NA | NA
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work