|Job Ref:||204750831||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Bournemouth||Address:||Post Code:||BH8||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Our client, a growing and very well established Bournemouth based company, is recruiting for a Design Engineer to join their existing team. As a Design engineer you will be designing a range of projects from simple to large complex designs.|
The successful Design Engineer must have the ability to use a variety of codes and design criteria and relevant previous Design experience.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
• Ensuring all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies
• Using computer programmes and manual techniques for the design of projects
• Assessing steel material section sizes to be used
• Providing details of connections, bolt sizes and types and welding dimensions
• Providing structural calculations
• Briefing project draughtspeople and use of 2D and/or 3D drawing programmes
• Attending contract launch meetings
• Attending meetings with clients, contractors, suppliers or architects if required
• Corresponding with clients, engineers or architects
• Advising sales staff of changes to products or projects and consequent increased costs and charges
• Particular attention must be paid to specification and customer requirements to ensure any modifications are agreed by the customer
If this is you, please send your CV as soon as possible, or call Samantha at Dovetail Recruitment.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive; only suitable candidates will be contacted regarding the role. If you do not hear from us within 5 days, please assume your application has not been successful. We may contact you in the future regarding other suitable positions.
Dovetail Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We will treat everyone equally and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Dovetail Recruitment Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy. Dovetail Recruitment Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate's merits, qualifications and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy