|Job Ref:||204751573||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Ashford||Address:||Post Code:||TW15||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR - ASHFORD, KENT|
Walker Construction has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor based at our Ashford office in Kent. We specialise in construction works for public authorities including county and district councils, government departments, statutory authorities, harbour boards and Network Rail.
The role of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
• Undertaking site inspections, accident investigation and providing general assistance in all health and safety matters, as directed by the Safety & Environment Officer or Safety Director.
• Advising the Company on health and safety legislation and to review changes to legislation and client Health and Safety standards in order to assess the relevance to the company.
• Making company employees aware of their responsibilities under current health and safety legislation and comply with the health and safety principles identified within the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Providing advice to company employees on all matters relating to health and safety and in particular advice and guidance on the preparation of Health and Safety Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, training requirements and all other health and safety arrangements.
• Assisting in the delivery of Behavioral Safety.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
• A minimum five years' construction industry experience.
• Experience of Health & Safety inspections within the Rail industry
• Working knowledge of Network Rail policies & procedures
• Experience of CDM
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent.
• Experience in the provision of construction related training.
A driving licence is essential as the role will necessitate travel to our sites in other counties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY