|Job Ref:||204751372||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South West London||Address:||Post Code:||SW1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Health & Safety Advisor - Contract|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join a well-known construction and engineering company on a temporary in London, Battersea. The ideal candidate will provide timely health and safety advice, guidance, training, and practical safety solutions to project staff in support of project teams.
* To promote the implementation of the Project Safety Management System including the Construction Phase H&S Plan, Work Package Plans and
* Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to discharge their health and safety responsibilities.
* Develop and deliver suitable safety training programmes for all project personnel (including routine project inductions, toolbox talks, task briefings and topic specific presentations.
* Assist Project Managers and Supervisory Staff in undertaking project related risk assessments in line with Balfour Beatty requirements
* Undertake risk assessment reviews to ensure that risk assessments are suitable and sufficient for the tasks to be undertaken
* Undertake Health and Safety compliance evaluations, inspections and audits at prescribed intervals - record outputs and liaise with site management to ensure actions are completed.
* Promote a positive safety culture through proactive engagement and communications with project teams
* Record, collate and interpret health and safety performance data including close out of inspection and accident investigation reports, and provide management reports on a routine basis
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
* Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (or working towards)
* NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate and Diploma (desirable but training will be given)
* Relevant CSCS Card
* Health and safety legislation, regulations and guidance.
* Construction Industry Experience and in particular (Construction Design & Management) Regs
* Experience of working around piling operations, lifting operations, construction plant, excavations, working at height, working near services and utilities, working on or near electricity and working adjacent to the public
* Investigations (root cause analysis) techniques
* Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and web browsers
* Ability to research using a variety of sources
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria - Immediate start for the right candidate. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to speak to those who have been shortlisted.
Recruitment Advisor |
M: NA | NA
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work