|Job Ref:||204751266||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Dartford||Address:||Post Code:||DA1||Salary:||£20.00 - £25.00/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Quantity Surveyor - 3 Month Temporary Contract - Immediate Start|
We are recruiting for one of the nation's largest commercial companies who provide an extensive range of construction services including construction management, general contracting, design and build and preconstruction.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive Quantity Surveyor to join our Highways team on a 3 month temporary contract based in Dartford, Kent. As the successful candidate you will support a Highways project in post completion and demobilisation stage using own initiative upon familiarisation with data sources to produce required outputs which will be the measure of success within this position.
* ensure record keeping is undertaken by the Project/Contract and are organised to enable retrieval and access as defined by the conditions of contract
* create invoices to insurers for project repairs basing the evaluations on soft and hard copy records
* send invoices to insurers with appropriate supporting information in order to achieve payment for repairs understanding the possible scope of repairs
* recognise when supporting information is missing from records and seek out information to produce a maximised value for each invoice raised
* ensure measure and value is accurately and auditable measured in a timely manner to comply with financial guidelines
* ensure contemporary record keeping is undertaken by the Project/Contract and are organised to enable retrieval and access as defined by the conditions of contract
* submit invoices in accordance with timescales detailed within the Contract and provide accurate and verifiable forecasts to Finance
* work to targeted outputs, interfacing with Commercial and Accounts
* ad-hoc duties as required by management
* substantial previous experience in Quantity Surveying obtained in a similar, relevant environment - Road Construction
* detailed understanding of contract law and Insurances
* ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
* enthusiasm and results focus
* ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative
* enthusiasm and results focus
* effective negotiation skills - with internal and external customers
Open to all Quantity Surveyor experienced professionals looking to continue work within a Road/Highways project environment.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we can only contact shortlisted candidates.
Advantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work