|Job Ref:||204751043||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Where can you build for a better society?|
Skanska has secured an important framework agreement with Network Rail, covering an extensive programme of enhancements to the London North Western route over the next five years, with a potential five year extension. The work covers the southern section of the West Coast Mainline route between Euston and Crewe and also the Chiltern Line.
The framework, which could be worth £85 million over five years, is a joint venture between the Civil Engineering and Infrastructure Services operating units and will involve civil engineering projects between £4.3 and £100 million in value.
The work is a key element in Network Rail's £38 billion investment over the next five years to run, maintain and improve Britain's railway.
Our civil engineering business is looking for a Procurement Manager to join the team
To lead and develop the project procurement function, including the development of the project procurement strategy, to successfully procure the relevant trade contract packages, goods and services, to meet the needs of the project.
* Ability to work on own initiative and to timescales.
* Constant pressure to prioritise effectively requisitions and other projects.
* Initiative required for sourcing of new suppliers.
* Freedom to make decisions within spend allowance.
* You'll achieve results through defining, assigning and delivering work and team objectives
We're looking for:
* Systematic and timely approach to decision making and problem solving.
* Critical analysis of information to identify key elements in an issue.
* Extensive experience of procurement management on significant contracts
* Previous experience as a Buyer/Senior Buyer ideally from a similar background or industry
* Ability to negotiate competitively and effectively
Our civil engineering team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, the Thames Water AMP6 programme and the M25 widening.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Make your next career move with us: (url removed)/careers
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA