|Job Ref:||204747588||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Post Code:||PE29||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Place of work: Mobile (East Anglia + East Midlands)|
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (7.00am-5.00pm with flexibility to work outside these hours)
Mick George Ltd has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the construction industry in East Anglia and the East Midlands. Due to continued success and expansion our busy Contracts team is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and efficient Contracts Co-ordinator to join them.
The role is a varied one and the successful person must be able to multi-task and willing to learn all aspects of the work. This is a fantastic opportunity to enter into a career in the construction industry with future opportunities of progression within the company possible for high achievers.
The Contracting department is a key player within the Mick George Group. Currently the department carries out work for clients, main contractors and sub-contractors in the following disciplines.
• Bulk Earthworks
• Site Clearance
• Remediation/ Hazardous Waste Removal
• Civils and Infrastructure works & Mechanical and electrical installations and Maintenance.
About the Role
• Supporting and working with the Contracts Managers in producing and maintaining essential paperwork for live projects.
• Analysing and identifying important facts from a vast amount of data.
• Liaising with and retrieving key information from clients prior to commencing works.
• Arranging meetings as and when required for the Contracts Managers.
• Creating sub-contract orders in a timely manner to ensure projects continue smoothly.
• General Administration duties including scanning, printing and filing.
• Liaising with other departments to ensure procedures are in place prior to projects starting so all key parties are aware of work being carried out.
Key Skills and Experience
• Computer literate- Good Excel, Word and Outlook are essential.
• Flexibility to get tasks completed as needed.
• Have a keen eye for detail- low error rate.
• Full UK Driving License- essential.
• Ability to work under instruction whilst using own initiative where necessary.
• Highly organised with polite and confident telephone manner.
• Experience working within a busy office environment would be beneficial but not entirely necessary.
• Experienced working within the construction industry would be an advantage.
Mick George Ltd (MGL) is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all. The company seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community at large and values the individual's contribution irrespective of sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin