|Job Ref:||204747523||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Car allowance, pension, healthcare||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:28|
Procurement Quantity Surveyor
PURPOSE OF JOB
* Issue detailed tender enquiries
* Analyse and negotiate most competitive tenders based on cost, programme, performance and quality.
* Submit detailed analysis to Procurement Department Manager for approval.
* Monitor and review procurement, placing subcontract orders and ensure they arrive on time and within budget
* Attend sub-contract and design team meetings
* Share information with colleagues to encourage flow of information
* Working to deadlines set by the Procurement Department Manager and others within the team
* Ensure continuous communication with other team members
* Review contract progress and address immediately associated issues
* Attending site weekly
* To monitor and ensure effective cost reporting
* Measure quantities from drawings
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Requiring education/ qualifications to a level of NVQ 4, Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent experience
* Able to read and interpret drawings
* Strong negotiation, communication and time management skills
* Good knowledge of Building Regulations
* Basic knowledge of word and excel
If you feel you are suitable for this position please call Joseph on NA or email CV
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Approach Personnel only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities