|Job Ref:||204749447||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Post Code:||ME15||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + 25% Bonus||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:29|
Planned Maintenance Quantity Surveyor - Main Social Housing Contractor - Perm - Up To £40k|
My client are a Medium sized contractor with a turn over of £100 Million and a total of 13 offices across the UK and are looking to expand further. They work in 3 different areas Capital Works(Kitchen & Bathrooms), Responsive Repairs and P&D. They predominantly work in the social housing sector but are looking to branch out into the commercial sector in the near future with projects they are currently tendering for.
The role will be to work out of the Maidstone office which is a small office with a very relaxed atmosphere. This office specialises on the Capital works(Kitchen & Bathroom) part of the business. They have a number of contracts in the South East and this role will be a mixture of a site & office based role. As well as this being an intermediate position there is also opportunity for progression and career development.
The successful candidate will be reporting into a commercial manager. The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
* To Work to the National Schedule of Rates (SOR)
* Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
* Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
* To maintain established profit margins
* To price all works in line with current market conditions
* To improve where possible company profits
* To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
* Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
* Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
* Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
* Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
* Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Preparing scopes and pricing works
Successful candidates will have experience as within the social housing planned maintenance (Decent Homes) sector as a Quantity Surveyor. They will have an in depth understanding schedule of rates (SOR). They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying and a full UK Driving License.
If you require any further details please contact me on (Apply online only)