|Job Ref:||204748247||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South West London||Address:||Post Code:||SW1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:30|
Trainee Assistant Site Manager (Ex-Military Only)|
Location: Basingstoke through South West London and Slough
Salary: £ Competitive
Our Client is one of the largest homebuilders in the UK, operating from 24 regional offices across England, Scotland, Wales and Spain. They aim to be the developer of choice for customers, employees, communities and shareholders.
Our Client is known for building a wide range of properties, from one- and two-bedroom apartments to five bedroom detached houses, with a broad price range including both private and affordable homes. They are truly national and they cover most regions across the UK. Their regional businesses are run as local homebuilders and have in depth knowledge and experience of the local market.
Our Client understands that development is about more than creating homes and they provide millions of pounds worth of infrastructure, for example roads, sewers, landscaping and community facilities, every year across the UK. They aim to develop vibrant communities with a true sense of place that fit into their surrounding area and meet the needs of local people.
They are a keen supporter of Ex-Forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
This role is designed to 'fast track' trainees to Assistant Site manager through an intensive programme. Over a minimum of a 2 year period, you will be equipped with all the skills, experience and qualifications to begin your career as an aspiring Site Manager.
The Trainee's progress will be monitored and reviewed on regular basis which will determine the suitability of the Trainee for further training. Working closely with senior members of the production team and mentored by the business unit Production Director, you will be given clear objectives and milestones to reach the next level of site management.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the Trainee Assistant Site Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Gain understanding and assist the Site Management team in carrying out duties associated with all on site activities, new build or maintenance as appropriate.
* Help to ensure that projects are planned and completed in a timely, safely manner.
* Undertake relevant site safety courses.
* Maintaining daily diary to record site events and requirements.
* Learn the company's standards for inspections of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
* Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
* Gain a thorough understanding of site boundaries, access points and site office procedures
* Build relationships with other business unit teams like Sales and Commercial.
* Shadow site management team on CITB inspection visits.
* Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
* Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
To be considered for the Trainee Assistant Site Manager role, you must:
* Demonstrable commitment to customer excellence.
* Concerns for standards.
* Organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to solve problems and work in a team
* Excellent communication Skills
* Attention to detail and a strong appreciation of safety on site
* Company's Health & Safety Procedures
* First Aid Qualifications
* Environmental Awareness and Control
* Behavioural Safety
* NHBC - Trade Talks/Defect Prevention/Customer Focus
* Sponsorship for Industry recognised certifications