|Job Ref:||204748103||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:30|
Associate Transport Planning (Transport Planner) - London|
Fantastic opportunity to work with a Global engineering and project management consultancy delivering services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining, transport, urban and rural planning and water.
Associate Transport Planner
My client is looking for an Associate within our Transport Planning Team in our London office. The Associate Transport Planner will be active and have a good current knowledge of the market, within London.
The role will include assistance with the production of technical studies within the Transport Planning function and demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
The Associate Transport Planner will be expected to be technically competent in analysing all types of transport projects and be able to manage a number of projects and project teams.
They can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects e.g. Housing and Retail Developments, Port Development, Spatial Planning, Infrastructure & Buildings, Environmental Statements and Energy etc
Associate (Transport Planner) Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing existing Clients and Client accounts.
- Developing existing Client Accounts.
- Assistance in developing new Clients and Client Accounts.
- Management of technical studies.
- Management of Transport Assessments.
- Management of Travel Plans.
- Managing other transport projects as these arise.
- Developing innovative transport solutions.
- Inspiring other staff to develop innovative transport solutions.
- Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK. Staff will be encouraged to develop their own ideas.
- Providing project management and technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
- Develop the project management skills of other staff;
- Develop the technical skills of other staff and
- Ensure consistency in project management and technical quality from other staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- Financial management of projects
- Expert in using junction modelling programs, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT, the TRICS database
- the day-to-day management of other disciplines within the group working on projects
- Identify and develop business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Preparation of PQQs
Associate (Transport Planner) Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in the Transport Planning industry
- Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
- Knowledge and experience in London Market Area
- Proven technical track record and abilities Responsibilities in here under bullet
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
- Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
- Commercially aware
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent Client management skills
- Experience of development projects in London, including discussion with the London Boroughs and Transport for London.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website