|Job Ref:||204747817||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||San Francisco||Address:||Salary:||£131691 - £144860/annum Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:30|
Role: Chief Estimator - P3 Pursuits|
Salary: $200k + Attractive Benefits
Location: San Francisco, California
Mackenzie Stuart is currently working with a Top 10 US general contractor who are seeking to appoint a Chief Estimator responsible for overseeing tenders ranging from $100M to $2.5Bn in value with the main focus being on heavy civils, including Highways and Light Rail.
* An expert in comprising large scale tenders focusing on P3, Hard Bid and design-build
* Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scopes of work and required contents of estimates
* Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers about prospective work
* Be able to assess the market for shifts/patterns that may contribute to increase in future workload
* Oversee and review the work of the estimating department ensuring an effective and streamlined bid process
* Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications utilising Primavera P6 or Primavera Contractor software
* Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs
* Research new bidding opportunities and newly advertised projects within the division's territory
* Assist in creating, organising and maintaining vendors and subcontractors lists in order to facilitate quotes for projects
* Degree in Civil Engineering is advantageous but not essential
* Experienced leading the tender for large scale P3 projects in heavy civils
* Strong prioritisation and organisational skills; detail-oriented
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Competent in your approach, people management and general demeanour in the workplace.
If you believe you are at this level and have the correct skills, please forward your CV on accordingly. Due to a large anticipated response, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has not been successful.
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance, Water, Chemicals, Ingredients & Flavours, Automation, FMCG and Logistics sectors