|Job Ref:||204747757||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Pension + Healthcare||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:30|
Job Title: Architect|
Job Description and Role - Situated in the modern and bustling town centre of Basingstoke, Our client is an award-winning progressive, creative and pragmatic architectural studio with a breadth of experience across many sectors and building types.
They are seeking an enthusiastic Architect, with a minimum of 3-5 years post Part 3 experience, specialising in Residential Design.
* Salary dependent on experience but typically between £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
* Full time role, 40 hours per week (
Monday to Friday, 9am until 6pm with 1hr lunch break)
* Holiday: 23 days pro rata
* Pension: 3% contribution if the candidate contributes 2% of his/her salary
* Private healthcare after 2 years of service
* Full training and mentoring package
* Management of medium sized projects with Director supervision; management of numerous small projects
* Understand the design project, particularly focusing on our current residential schemes
* Prepare and develop drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design.
* Assist in the co-ordination of the internal design team
* Take responsibility as the team leader for specific areas of the design and project development
* Liaise with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
* Thorough knowledge of and compliance with their procedures and standards
This diverse role will involve the following:
* Reporting to the Project Director:
o Carrying out work in accordance with their Code of Practice
o Involvement in business development activities (networking, attending professional events, representing practice etc); able to recognise and respond to potential opportunities, informing directors as appropriate.
o Winning, leading and overseeing multiple projects; supervising and tutoring junior staff
o Producing detailed drawings
o Working with Director to set out budget and costs
o Working with Director to set out project specific criteria for success, including deadlines and resources
o Contributing to setting and articulating design philosophy and practice values.
o Planning and delivering client presentations
o Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and consultants, authorities etc.
o Project management and helping to coordinate information
o Continually developing professional skill set and knowledge to ensure competence for projects
o Documenting own work conscientiously
In return for your dedication and commitment, they offer you an exciting working environment within their fast-growing and friendly studio, as well as the opportunity to work on a variety of Design projects.
Required Skills / Experience:
* At least 3-5-year's post RIBA Part 3 experience
* Residential design experience
* Live within 1 hours commute of Basingstoke
* Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
* Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
* Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project, with good working knowledge of CAD systems
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
* Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, assisting and supporting team members
* Flexible attitude
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Highly presentable and professional manner
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook and Excel 2015)
* Sociable, outgoing character with a good work ethic
* Able to react to a fast paced environment, good time management and attention to detail.
* Ability to assist in the management of architectural assistants on the team
* Working knowledge of Vectorworks, Sketchup, and InDesign
* Previous experience with Apple MACs advantageous
* All applications must be supported with a Portfolio of recent projects undertaken
Please contact Lucy Brice, Resourcing Group for further information - or call (Apply online only)
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy