|Job Ref:||204747631||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Salary:||£27500 - £35000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:30|
Salary: £27,500 - £35,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
A well-recognised and highly respected client who are leading in the environment, planning and rural development sectors are looking too add to an already ambitious and friendly team of Planning and Environmental professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Ecology, Landscape and Archaeology.
With over 50 years' experience my client has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. The Planning Team has an excellent track record of delivering consents for energy, residential, utilities, agricultural and commercial developments.
As a result of their success in this area, they require a Planning Consultant to manage and deliver a varied range of consultancy projects in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. You will also take part in business development and sales initiatives to support team growth.
This will involve
* Working as part of a small team to prepare and submit planning applications and appeals on behalf of clients.
* Supporting colleagues with the management of multi-disciplinary teams and drafting documents such as Environmental Statements and Planning Statements.
* Engaging with external consultees, including local authority officers, statutory consultees, local elected members and local residents.
* Carrying out desk studies, baseline data collection and policy research.
* Carrying out a varied range of wider project tasks, including attending meetings and site visits, organising consultation events, collating plans and drawings and reviewing technical and environmental reports.
* Carrying out draft proposals and assisting with submission of tenders.
Successful candidates will
* Demonstrate a successful track record of delivering planning based work in a commercial or local authority environment, with a strong focus on producing high quality written outputs, managing deadlines, and coordinating the input of other professionals.
* Demonstrate good awareness and understanding of the key principles of planning legislation and national and local policy.
* A full driving licence will be required.
* Full membership of Royal Town Planning Institute (or be working towards this).
* A flexible, solutions orientated mind-set and a willingness to work flexibly in terms of location and working hours on occasions in order to meet client expectation.
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business