|Job Ref:||204752143||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:49|
Field Operations Engineer- Microwave- I&C/ Troubleshooting|
I have an exciting requirement for a permanent opportunity based in London.
I am looking for a Field Operations Engineer to work with a leading business to support a European network performing installation and maintenance work throughout London (75% of the role). They use microwave links, so extensive experience with path alignment and troubleshooting will be required.
The responsibilities will include;
* Responding to all trouble tickets raised by the network services and operations team.
* Preform pre-construction site walks with contractors and landlords
* Act as an on site representative to supervise construction activities and interface with contractors and landlords through the build process.
* Perform ground level work such as device integration and wiring inside communication cabinets.
* Support installation activities on towers and rooftops including line and antenna installation, grounding, microwave path alignments and troubleshooting.
* Perform post construction site audits, at ground level and at height.
* Contribute to scope of works and other technical documents.
* Provide project management services for new deployments, including bid and contract reward, hardware procurement and logistics, resource scheduling, supervision and project closeout.
* Reporting on all job progress.
* Monitor and review all site and closeout documentation and keep it up to date to ensure consistent quality across sites.
* Develop and implement regular full network auditing plans to ensure operating standards are being upheld.
Experience we are looking for includes;
* Experience in a similar position within telecoms.
* Need good knowledge and extensive experience with path alignment and troubleshooting of microwave links.
* Experience with civil work, including concrete pad, steelwork and grounding work.
* Experience with sweep gear and network analyzers.
* Experience with electrical work, including breaker installation, power cabling and conduit work following normal safety protocols.
* Have experience taking a lead role out in the field.
* Knowledge and experience having project management involvement, working to budgets, timescales and reporting to senior stakeholders.
* Good PC knowledge and microsoft office applications.
* Must be self motivated and work well independently
* Excellent organisation and documentation skills are required.
* A professional demeanor and a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates applying must be happy to work in the field around London for role 75% of the role (the remainder being office based) and some occasional travel to Europe.
If your skills and experience are a good match for the position and you are interested in hearing more then please apply for more information.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy