|Job Ref:||204747992||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:49|
This role is mainly responsible for the system design and specification of the Core Network and RAN related aspects of the novel small cell system being developed by the client. The role is to strengthen the overall Systems group in the areas of Core Network interconnection protocols and RAN signalling protocols.
• Primarily responsible for the design, analysis and specification of Core Network and RAN network protocols and associated functional behaviour
• Responsible for the design, analysis and specification of other system areas as required.
• Produce and peer review system level specifications for the small cell system
• Support the software developers in the understanding and implementation of the system specifications
• Support the System Test team with the understanding and testing of the system specifications
• Responsible for interpreting the 3GPP specifications and defining the signalling behaviour of the system from the UE through to the Core Network.
• Good understanding of ITU and 3GPP standards
• Ability to understand and deal with system-level design issues, especially in the areas of system performance, capacity and scalability
• Experience with UML modelling and Object oriented design
• Ability to work with loosely defined requirements and, through research, design and peer interaction, derive comprehensive designs and specifications
• Ability to write formal specifications in clear English
• Ability to apply existing knowledge to novel requirements
• Ability to work well both in a team and alone: the systems team works through both collective design and strong individual contribution to it
• Knowledge of standard 3GPP UTRAN and E-UTRAN procedures (RANAP, RRC, RRM, GTP, GTP-U, IuUP, S1-AP, S1-U, X2)
• Knowledge of standard 3GPP Core Network procedures mainly for LTE (S2 (a,b, etc.), S10, etc.)
• Familiarity with Sigtran, with some understanding of SS7 for legacy products
• Familiarity with IP networks and protocols essential
• Familiarity with ATM networks and protocols desirable
• Exposure to DHCP, DNS, NTP, RTP and SSH preferred
• Exposure to network management principles in the areas of Configuration, Fault, Performance and Security management an advantage
• Familiarity with the TR-069 protocol and the TR-196 data model preferred
• Experience of IOT and the issues associated with integrating a product solutions into an operator's network an advantage
• Background in embedded software development preferred
• Background of working in or with a mobile operator preferred
• Degree or higher qualification in relevant a Engineering or science subject preferred
Has a good understanding of telecommunications environment and mobile technology and is aware of new advances that are likely to affect the organisation. Understands the impact of their role within the wider context of the clients strategic goals and objectives.
Possess strong communication skills and is comfortable in discussing ideas and solutions with others in order to successfully resolve issues. Identifies relevant information, who to communicate it to and the appropriate means by which to do so. Can communicate effectively with remote working teams.
Is comfortable working within a matrix environment and contributes positively and effectively to team goals. Encourages collaborative team spirit and maintains team harmony even when under pressure.
Is a self-starter, demonstrates a 'can-do' attitude and is able to adapt to new role requirements with ease.
Demonstrates self-drive, focus and a determination to succeed. Applies initiative when required and takes ownership for achievement of own activities