|Job Ref:||204747931||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Saudi Arabia||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:49|
Systems Design Engineer (269jc) - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Excellent Package.|
My client, who is a major telecoms provider, is now seeking a Systems Design Engineer for their operations in Saudi Arabia, you will be initially reporting to the Design Team Lead
Your primary objectives and functions will include:
• To produce end-to-end system solutions, cost-effective and low-risk designs compliant with customers' requirements, through-life design, capable of successful implementation and support by the company.
• Maintaining position as systems knowledge expert.
• Proficient delivery of systems solutions in accordance with established contractual obligations and company process and procedures (Design Review, Configuration Control, System Acceptance and Documentation).
• Working closely with project teams and recording any agreed tailoring of company System Engineering processes.
• Provide technical architecture functions for bids and projects.
• Support business development activity for new proposals and tasks.
• Ensuring company Engineering governing principles are adhered to by delivery teams to maintain consistency and a high level of technical assurance.
• Work closely with other business functions: Customer, New Business, Project Delivery and Managed Services.
• Provide a versatile engineering contribution across the business.
Therefore your duties and responsibilities will consist of:
• Responsible for Systems Requirements Management for assigned projects (clarification, agreement and traceability)
• Capacity to provide Engineering support across the project lifecycle: Support for requirements development; take ownership for Design Review and Technical Assurance activities; planning of and assurance of Test and Acceptance activities.
1) Support the development & management of project requirements
2) Creation of Acceptance Test Plans (ATP)
3) Assurance of test schedules, results and population of VCRI
4) On-site verification of Sub-Contractors test activities
• Provide Engineering Management role as required to support the timely delivery of technical artefacts in line with project scheduling.
1) Creation of technical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for complex projects
2) Ownership of technical risks
3) Coordination of Engineering deliverables
• Provide technical sub-contractor management
• Produce Systems Engineering Management Plans showing engineering responsibilities across multiple stakeholders, key acceptance milestones and strategy, application of governance, change management and engineering organisation structures.
• Engineering management of the supplier community through collaborative working, joint reviews and assurance and the specification of requirements, assumptions and statements of work.
• Considering System of Systems aspects, work closely with other Engineering Design Authority / Design Team Lead roles to maintain best practices and consistency between projects across the company.
• Identify and communicate any potential areas for improvement associated to processes, tools or ways of working.
Contact with Others (Internal/External/Meetings):
The post-holder will be expected to manage, on a daily basis, effective engineering relationships with a wide stakeholder group including:
• Programme/Project Managers
• Company Delivery Partner members
• Coordination with Team Leads within Engineering
• OM&T as required
• UK MOD as required (SANGCOM - Customer 1)
• Ministry of National Guard as required (Customer 2)
Preparation and collation of Engineering Reports, Statements of Requirement, Statements of Work, Engineering Impact Assessments, additional technical documentation including site survey reports.
Recruitment Specification (Knowledge & Experience):
• Experience and knowledge on System Engineering Lifecycle.
• Knowledge in integration of systems and systems-of-systems.
• Knowledge of IP Networks, IP Telephony, Encryption and Network Management.
• Knowledge of CCTV systems, bearer systems (such as Tetra and Microwave) and Power systems (inc UPS's).
• Ability to technically manage sub-contractors.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Ability to write technical requirements and design documents, scope of work, survey reports, technical presentation, acceptance and migration plan
• Must have a flexible approach in supporting peers within the team
• Self-starter, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Good communication skills -written and spoken.
• Ability to communicate concisely at a senior level within the organisation.
• Must have a flexible approach and be able to travel throughout KSA, potentially with the minimum of notice
• High levels of drive and tenacity to achieve project timings.
• Business experience in the Defence Sector.
• Experience of living or working in the Middle East.
• Degree educated Computing Science/Engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the SE Lifecycle.
As this role is based in Saudi Arabia, candidates must meet all of the minimum qualifications as they are not bound by UK or EU Laws, also only individuals up to the age of 55 will be considered for any of these roles.
In return they are offering an excellent salary and benefits package for accompanied or unaccompanied personnel and of course the benefits package will be UK Tax Free, and due to the nature of this role, it is only open to UK, Indian, Pakistan or Saudi Nationals only.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only) Ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY