|Job Ref:||204753263||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£350/day||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:50|
Information Developer / Technical Author|
- £350 per day
- 6 month contract
- Cambridge based
As part of a project team for this technology engineering focused organisation, the Information Developer / Technical Author will design and write DITA XML compliant documents as part of an Image Processing development project, covering both Hardware & Software.
Purpose of role:
- Creating and maintaining technical content, without supervision.
- Working with Engineers and the Product Information Architect as part of a team and other stakeholders and SMEs, to create structured content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use.
- Working with the Editors to ensure content adheres to the Tech Comms writing standards.
- Working with the Tech Comms Team Lead and the Product Information Architect to improve and implement processes and best practices.
- Providing direction or supervision for other content development team members working on assigned projects.
- Acting as the primary and/or secondary Information Developer in documentation projects.
- Guiding less experienced Information Developers.
- Structured technical content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use, and adheres to Tech Comms writing standards.
- Content requirements for products are analysed to support cross-product consistency and reuse.
- Tech Comms processes and best practices are both implemented and improved.
- Direction or supervision and people development in Tech Comms.
- Works in partnership with Editors, Project Managers, Product Managers and Application Engineers.
- University graduate level or equivalent.
- Self-starter and able to work from own initiative with sound judgement and clear decision making attributes.
- Flexible and pragmatic in approach, remains agile.
- Strong Information Development Skills including
- Good knowledge of the documentation lifecycle concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Experience with industry standard tools and technologies, including DITA XML, Adobe Acrobat Professional and FrameMaker.
- It is important this person has good knowledge of the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) data model.
Other Skills include:
- Very good business ethics.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good precision and attention to detail.
- Very good time management.
Experience documenting Image processing hardware and/or software.
Experience with Ixiasoft, Oxygen Editor, XMetaL or similar DITA compliant tools
Interested Candidates should apply immediately and will receive feedback on their application within 48 hours