|Job Ref:||204753028||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Leatherhead||Address:||Post Code:||KT22||Salary:||£24000 - £25000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:50|
Desktop Support Engineer|
I am seeking an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to work for a prestigious organisation based in Surrey. You will be responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users while restoring normal service operation as quickly as possible.
* Providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users
* Advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
* Analyse system needs, troubleshoot problems. Provide user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations.
* Perform multisite customer specific product upgrades and roll-outs.
* Install MV EUW assets, deployment/perform upgrades and roll-outs.
* Image creation and manage workspace assets.
* Provide basic firmware updates and software patching.
* Deploy updates/roll-outs and provide 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases.
* Provide quick response and maximum uptime of users.
* Understand customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
* Develops project installation and escalation plans.
* Train users according to technical, release and security standards.
* Good communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
* A broad technical knowledge of PC's/peripherals and their architecture.
* At least two years solid Desktop Support experience in a large company envrionment.
* Strong communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
* Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment.
* Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer