|Job Ref:||204752677||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Salary:||£39000 - £46000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:50|
New opportunity not to be missed! Ordnance Survey has a unique opportunity available for a Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in Southampton. Offering a salary of circa £39,000 - £46,000 DOE and excellent benefits - this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.|
Ordnance Survey, the world's leading map making and big data organisation, is a vibrant, technology driven, exciting place to work. At Ordnance Survey, there's a lot going on, everywhere you look innovation is happening and we operate on a global scale. We work hard to bring the cutting edge to life and we are passionate about what we do.
So if you're highly skilled in Microsoft platforms and have VMware talents, Ordnance Survey is a great place to take your next step. Not only will you discover great rewards, we'll also invest in you to enable you to make the most of your career and get you where you want to be.
What are the responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer?
You will be joining our Client & Messaging Operations team within IS Service Delivery. As part of our team, you will be responsible for providing day to day support for the running of the Microsoft platforms. This includes assisting 1st and 2nd level support teams, dealing with 3rd level support calls, project activities, general administrative tasks and monthly patching. You will also be responsible for growing the capabilities of the platforms to improve business effectiveness, efficiency, and provide best practice training to a diverse community of stakeholders. You will be expected to join the On-Call team for supporting these systems out of hours once the appropriate skill level has been achieved.
As our Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer you will quickly build constructive working relationships with other technical teams and customers within the business. Using best practice guidelines, you'll ensure that customer requirements are developed and managed consistently. Additionally, you'll keep abreast of industry and technological developments to ensure that you continue to provide the best support possible to the business.
What skills do I need to have to become a Infrastructure Engineer?
- Solid experience supporting the following Microsoft Platform (Exchange/O365/AD/ADFS/Azure).
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office365 scripting and automation (PowerShell)
- Experience administering the Microsoft SharePoint platform (Online/2013/2016).
- Experience with the VMWare Platform.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
- Join a great pension scheme
- Salary circa £39,000 - £46,000 DOE
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Flexible working
- Training & Development - We're a restless bunch, so it's important to us that you have opportunities to learn and develop your skills. We offer: In-house training, a variety of masterclasses, bespoke training, study leave, access to learning resources and professional membership subscriptions
- Paid volunteer day
- Enjoy retail, leisure, sports, health and technology discounts
- Get involved in social clubs including running, volleyball, yoga, photography and our choir
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers, child care vouchers, health checks and even massages to relax you.
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the world's leading map making and big data organisation as our Infrastructure Engineer