|Job Ref:||204752365||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:50|
Core Services Analyst|
To provide technical support for the company's Data and Voice services that are supplied to users, Concessions in Knightsbridge and Airport terminals, office environments in Hammersmith and Knightsbridge and Thatcham.
To ensure maximum service availability and performance through proactive monitoring, capacity planning and reporting.
To ensure all moves and changes affecting Data and Voice services are implemented in a controlled manner and contribute to the overall architecture and design of the Infrastructure
To work within the Core Services team providing proven technical support knowledge in the areas under the technical competencies section of this Job Profile.
To work in partnership with Technical Services & Store Development teams to actively contribute to the design and installation of new developments at any office location
Assist the setup of all sale related activities (twice yearly) to include installation of additional LAN switches/data ports/phones.
Advise and monitor contractors on M & E specifications regards data cabling installations.
Assist in a smooth working relationship with all IT teams regarding service.
Strategy & Planning:
• Implement, promote and enforce standards, safeguards, and procedures concerning the technical architecture of the Cisco Access layer, Wireless Access Points, Cable and Fibre Infrastructure and securing Data Cabinets in all locations.
• Provide input in the creation of roadmaps and aligning IT requirements to meet business need.
• Ensure that all Concession requirements are met and fed back through IT as and when required.
• Ensure all Airports requirements are understood and delivered by the respective IT teams.
Organisation & Capability
• Play a proactive role in each relevant project to establish and aid in the delivery of the requirement.
• Understand the relationship between own specialism and other IT specialities.
• Must be highly adaptable and contribute to requirements outside of immediate job description as and when required.
• Exhibit strong team player ethics.
• Ensure business expectations are managed through clear and regular communication.
• Commit to agreed SLA's and strive to be a source of accountability.
• Consider and implement security solutions and practices to deal with risks and threats on environments within the remit of the role.
• Ensure adoption of Change Project Office standards and other governance practises across all areas.
• Ensure solutions are fit for purpose.
• Be able to demonstrate shortlisted solutions to the Team Lead.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation
• Maintain positive business relations and resolve customer complaints and issues successfully
• Provide input into the design of best fit solutions meeting outlined requirements.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Demonstrates the ambition and energy to achieve maximum potential. This is shown most clearly through an individual's assessment of their own strengths and weaknesses and the willingness to use this information to drive forward their own potential to achieve both Corporate and individual goals
• Ensure Service Desk calls are allocated and resolved within agreed SLA.
• Assist in providing enhanced service delivery to fit Concession, Airport and shop floor requirements.
Subject matter knowledge of LAN / Wireless Networking and Structured Cabling + 1 other competency or more of the following disciplines:
• LAN Networking - CCNA level knowledge of Configuring and installing Access Layer switches and Wireless Technology.
• Structured Cabling - Clear understanding of a structured cabling infrastructure including the use of Copper and Fibre cabling.
• Microsoft Networking Technologies and Principles
• Understand monitoring systems and their capabilities within this job scope.
• Understanding telephony principles and operation on an IPT infrastructure.
• Understanding of Vodafone external and internal DAS schemes.
• Integrity & Trust
• Planning & Organising
• Resilience & Composure
• Achieving personal work goals and objectives
• Working with Others
• Applying Job Knowledge
• Strong customer services focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
• Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
• Good attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to the company values.
• Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance.
• Frequent travel between sites.
• Work in a shift pattern when required.
• Be prepared to undergo security clearance
• On-call rotation and rota'd weekend cover where applicable including Bank Holidays.
• Occasional overnight work for maintenance or project activities
• At least 2 years' experience