|Job Ref:||204751858||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Walsall||Address:||Post Code:||WS3||Salary:||£9.97 - £12.70/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
An Asset & Incident Management Officer is required for 4 months (likely to be extended) based in Walsall.|
The Asset & Incident Management Officer will be required to provide an Asset & Incident Management Service, design and implement procedures to support and enhance the Asset & Incident Management Service and provide day to day support, guidance and mentoring to the Stock Control Team and the wider Service Desk. The Asset & Incident Management Officer will provide advice, guidance and training to customers and other stakeholders and control ICT stock; hardware and software assets. The Asset & Incident Management Officer will be an integral part of a team which manages Incidents and also supports Change management function
Day to day duties -
* Deliver a customer focused Service within the Asset & Incident Management Team (including Stock Control) and the wider Service Desk team
* Provide support to users of the service desk and to all other Service Desk team members
* Assist with the planning of the work schedule for the Desktop Installation Team the Stock Control Team and the Administration Team; taking into account ICT resources and customers expectations
* Manage customer complaints with regard to the Asset & Incident Management Service, recording issues and ensuring problems are resolved.
* To manage Serious Service Disruptions (Major Incidents) through to resolution
* Maintenance and control of all databases and service catalogues related to the Asset & Incident Management Service.
* Control of and monitoring the use of Software Licences to ensure the Council is compliant with the manufactures' terms and conditions and taking appropriate action to resolve any issues
* Control of and monitoring the use of the Councils mobile devices to ensure that all usage is in accordance with the Councils policy ant taking appropriate action to resolve and escalate suspected inappropriate usage.
* Designing, creating and providing reports/statistical information as required by the service managers and its users
* Ensure that financial information is recorded correctly with regard to the Procurement Process so that onward recharging can be processed accurately
* Ensure that products included in the service catalogue are fit for purpose and offer value for money and that suppliers continually offer value for money
* Ensure that equipment orders & procurement requests are processed appropriately, from the point of ordering the goods through to delivery & storage in a secure environment
* Advise ICT Account Managers and Service Users of processes, asset & incident issues, procurement of new technology
* Manage the Serious Service Disruption (SSD) process by advising and assisting third-line support teams (Applications Support, Data Centre, Networks), ICT Account Managers and Service Users.
Throughout the process ensure there is regular communication with all relevant stakeholders and manage customer expectations.
* Ensuring appropriate ICT methods and tools are adopted and used effectively throughout the organisation
Experience/skills required -
* Ability to use Excel;
* Experience of data entry;
* Customer service experience;
* Some hardware & software knowledge - training will be given for the RMS database;
* Experience of working with mobile phones including Blackberries.
This role is to start asap and will pay £9.97 per hour (PAYE) or £12.70 per hour (Ltd/Umbrella)