|Job Ref:||204751280||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Post Code:||GL9||Salary:||£26000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
Business Intelligence Developer - Gloucestershire|
Salary £26,000 - £38,000
One of the region's largest and best known company's is looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer to work within the financial services market.
This role is responsible for the ownership of the technical design, construction, delivery and support of the company's Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions. In addition, the BI Development Consultant will provide in depth technical and business expertise to data warehouse users and developers and will be a key driver of the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence technical strategy.
Key Knowledge / Experience
* Good understanding of data warehousing principles and design, ideally dimensional modelling (Ralph Kimball) techniques.
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology.
* Degree or HNC/HND Computer studies or equivalent proven experience gained in a mainstream professional technical environment.
* Proven ability in delivering data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
* Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
* Proven delivery of large scale BI solutions to a large, dispersed and mobile workforce.
* Financial Services experience, ideally mortgages
* Sound knowledge of specialist technologies in a number of the following areas:
* Oracle PL/SQL
* Unix Shell Scripting
* Business Objects XI - Universe design
* (url removed)/(url removed)/C#
* Relational Database development i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
GB Solutions - Independent Recruitment Specialists acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
For 16 years GB Solutions has provided an unrivalled service whilst developing a team of specialist consultants providing permanent, contract and temporary staff across a vast number of industries. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards