|Job Ref:||204751223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£130/day||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
We are currently recruiting for a Deskside Support Engineer role in London for one of the biggest names in IT and Telecommunication.|
The roles are for a period of minimum 3 months and the daily rate is £130 for limited companies. The rate depends on the candidates experience.
The role is to start as soon as possible and the ideal candidate needs to have experience working for a financial company.
The initial interviews will be held next week on Friday 30th September.
He/she has responsibility for hardware and software support services within the Desktop space, maintaining customer satisfaction through problem resolution, Service Level Agreements (SLA) and being the recognised specialist of a localised technical team. The role involves exposure to other Technical Services technologies groups, and requires a solid understanding of how these interact together and the processes for delivery.
Your key accountabilities
* Ensure the staff utilise desktop technology to an optimum.
* Proactive management, support and problem solving all desktop associated Incidents and completion of Service Requests within required timescales and SLAs
* Maintain a knowledge base in support of the desktop, Microsoft Office family suite, 3rd party and in-house developed applications and products
* Assisting line manager in working to Service Level Agreements and Key performance metrics designed within the ITIL framework
* Scheduling timely installations of all desktops/laptops and associated peripherals
* Providing end-user training on both hardware and core desktop applications as required
* Managing call queue regularly and own incidents and service requests to resolution as well as filtering out tickets and passing them onto relevant support queues
* Ensure project work transition is achieved by taking on knowledge of new products and applications in a timely manner and assist rest of team for new concepts/technology before taking on support.
* Ensure that work is completed to a high level of quality
* Ensure adherence to change management, incident management and problem management processes and assist in facilitating the ongoing review and enhancement of these processes.
* Responsible for Asset Management including Software license control within the company.
* Management and control of all desktop and associated peripherals stock levels, including generation of purchase requests.
Your skills and experience
* Have worked in a Phone Based / Deskside support role in the past 5 years
* Preferably in a banking sector
* They will need to have understanding of Microsoft products (including Active Directory)
* Skills and exposure with Bloomberg
* Worked with Helpdesk clients similar to Remedy / Service now and understand the ticketing process
* Have excellent customer skills - They must be confident in talking technology to the customer and explaining in a non-technical way also
* Very strong working knowledge and experience in the support of Windows 7, MS Office and Outlook 2007/2010
* Good understanding of Voice and Desktop communications
* Good knowledge of PC/Printer hardware with the ability to diagnose and fault resolution
* Excellent technical knowledge of Active Directory and network topologies
* Experience in setup of video conferences, presentations using laptops and projectors and audio conference calls
* Ability to learn new technical concepts rapidly and pass on the knowledge to the rest of the team.
* Good problem solving skills and troubleshooting knowledge;
This will be a 2/3 stage interview process and background vetting is required