|Job Ref:||204750974||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
3rd Line Wintel Engineer - Global Payments/Integration Company - Reigate/Crawley Area - £50,000 - £55,000 + Fixed Call Out Fee + Excellent Benefits |
Are you looking to put a stamp on your next role? Do you want to be key in what happens every day by being part of a world leading business who develop technology aimed at helping billions of travellers move more easily within and between the world's major cities?
My client are a leading integrator of payment and information solutions which mean travellers make smarter travel decisions and transportation agencies manage demand across the entire transportation network all in real time. My client provide contactless payments and traffic management systems that keep the transport network moving on a global scale and you could be a part of this eye opening and cutting edge organisation.
3rd Line Wintel Engineer
To support Wintel based servers and associated hardware and software as well as providing 3rd line support, including out-of-hours support in critical incidents and participation in on-call support. The on-call support responsibility is typically a whole week at a time and is currently one week in five. Typically, one or two out of hours support calls are raised per week. On call allowance is included in the basic salary and a fixed call out fee is paid per incident.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support of Windows Servers including
* Active Directory, GPOs
* HP Proliant hardware (Including blades)
* Vmware 5/6 (VSphere)
* McAfee Anti-virus products including EPO
* MS Windows Server 2003/8/12/16
* Storage Arrays and SANs
* Supervision of system backups (Netbackup, BackupExec)
* Maintaining register of IT assets
* Maintaining IT documentation and following IT procedures
* Receive and delivering IT training
* Recommendation of new IT equipment to meet business requirements
* Assist in the co-ordination of IT related projects utilising the network, ensuring security of systems at all times
* Some manual handling will be required
* May be required to work on other sites and data centres
* Some flexibility regarding working time will be required.
* Current MCSA / MCSE
* At least five years practical MS Windows Server Administration
* Current Driving license and own car for travelling to and from data centres.
* A university degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Computer Science, maths, engineering, natural science)
* Foundation in ITIL
* Any VMware qualifications
* Experience of being responsible for the delivery of IT related projects of greater than £25k
* At least three years providing desktop support for Windows Operating Systems and MS Office
* At least three years practical VMware experience (with shared storage)
* At least three years practical experience of system backups
* Fibre Channel attached storage
* Fibre Channel Networks
* HP P4000 Storage
* Citrix Xenapp
* Disaster Recovery
* ITIL Foundation v3
* Powershell or Windows batch scripting
* Security tools, such as Centrify, Appsense, Tripwire and Qualys.
* Threat Management Gateway experience
* Cisco routers and firewalls
* Able to work on own initiative, unsupervised
* Attention to detail and adherence to procedures
* Good problem solving abilities
* Strong customer service skills
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person, please send an updated version of your CV today for immediate attention.