|Job Ref:||204750504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Bournemouth||Address:||Post Code:||BH8||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
Job Title: Helpdesk Support & End User Experience Administrator|
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: Depending on proven experience of core role elements
Our client is looking to recruit a Systems Support and Implementation Administrator to work at their Bournemouth Office.
The role has a wide remit and will involve working across numerous areas including Helpdesk Administration, organising Documentation for Testing and Product Training Documents.
You will be joining a Systems Development Team consisting of the IT/Systems Development Manager and three Analyst/Developers, as well as liaising with the IT/Business Project Manager and other Stakeholders. Reporting to the IT/Systems Development Team Manager you will take on responsibility for the following five main elements to this role:
* Management of the IT support helpdesk, work with business stakeholders to define requirements and timescales, manage expectancies and work with Project Managers to plan workloads. Gain an in-depth understanding of existing/new systems and provide 1st line business support to the user base.
* The role will also involve working closely with the systems team to attain the skills to provide 2nd line support include basic Networking, Desktop, Server and SQL skills.
* Carry out user experience testing, document and feedback experience to the Development Team and work with business stakeholders to carry out user experience/system interface acceptance testing
* Production of user documentation and training manuals and the provision of end user training
* Provide day to day administration and assistance to the Systems Development Team including, but not limited to:
* Ad-hoc software testing
* Evaluation and configuration of 3rd party systems to be implemented into the business
* IT/Systems filing, documentation housekeeping and documentation version control
* Attend meetings and brainstorming sessions with business stakeholders to both provide Systems Team input/document meeting outcomes for the Systems Development Team
* Monitoring resources costs assigned to projects and ensuring development time is charged for accordinglyYou'll need to have an engaging and patient personality with a desire to help users get the best out of the Companies business systems both from a design and support perspective. At any time you may be working with head office staff, one of the thirty plus satellite sites/remote users or any one of the five hundred plus customer base.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* A highly organised individual
* Proven track record of managing stakeholder expectations
* Prior experience of running service/support/helpdesk software (not limited to a software environment)
* Able to take on high level administration requirements and bring about organised solutions
* Previous experience of writing clear, concise and engaging user documentation and training literature.
* Demonstrate an enthusiasm for good software design and be able to articulate constructive/clear feedback of your experience of design shortcomings
* Prior experience of liaising with Project Managers and a basic understanding of project management
* Demonstrate a good understanding of Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android operating systems and Microsoft Office
* A track record of providing 1st line technical support
* Prior experience of working as part of an IT team.
* Prior experience of a remote support system such as Zoho Assist or Team Viewer
* Experience of 3rd party software evaluation, configuration and implementation
* Prior experience with Jira support desk
* Prior experience with Zoho modules, in particular, Project & Assist
* Basic SQL knowledge
* The role is Bournemouth based but travel to the head office in Dorking and other local sites will be required from time to time as part of this role therefore applicants must have a full/clean driving license.
* Holiday: 20 days + bank holidays (increasing 1 day a year 25 days)
* Working hours: 37 hour working week 9:00-5:30 Monday - Thursday and 9:00-5:00pm Friday
* Other benefits: Company flexi time scheme after six months probationary and Government Pension Scheme
Please also attach a covering letter explaining why you are well suited to the role you are applying for.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: (url removed)