|Job Ref:||204750420||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldham||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum depending on experience||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
At Innovative Technology we're a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We've over 300 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 120 based in our state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Greater Manchester.
New product Research & Development is primarily undertaken here in the UK, from data and material science, through to software, mechanical and electronic engineering. As a key member of the team you'll be involved in the full product lifecycle, putting you at the heart of the development journey.
As a result of our continued international growth and new product development, Innovative Technology is looking for passionate individuals to join our highly-successful, expanding team. If you're a visionary in your field and unafraid to challenge the status quo, you could be exactly what we need to fulfil our goal of revolutionising the cash handling industry.
At Innovative Technology we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it's great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You'll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we've modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
In this newly created role you'll have the opportunity to join our business at a key time in our expansion. Our large, expanding software team and ever more numerous and complex projects lead us to having the requirement for standalone Test Team, with this role being the starting point of this exciting new development in the R&D Team expansion.
Leading a new small group, you'll be responsible for a wide range of quality assurance projects, across web, embedded and database software development for our internal systems, products and services.
This opportunity would best suit someone from a diverse, fast paced and ever changing test driven development environment, who has a desire to take the career to the next level. Our business is highly successful with clear international expansion plans, so this new role will give the successful applicant unlimited scope for personal and professional development.
• You'll take the lead on all software and firmware testing / quality assurance, ensuring the work of the team is to the highest possible standard
• You'll devise and implement/generate testing policies, processes, automation systems and best practice
• You'll work closely with the Software Manager, Business Analysts, Customer Support and wider software teams to consolidate and future proof our technology and methodologies
• You'll need to understand architectural designs and find systematic solutions, then communicate your findings back to our teams
• You'll write and create test harnesses and be involved with sprint planning meetings and other sprint activities, as we move closer to an Agile environment
• You'll be solving ongoing problems, bug diagnostics and fault diagnostics, replicating faults, doing final tests and reporting back through JIRA
• HNC, HND or Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject
• An ISQTB qualification would be an advantage
Your Skills & Experience
• Extensive test engineering experience, likely gained in senior role with responsibility for a small team of Test Engineers
• Experience of unit testing and test driven development, with a hands-on software development background is required
• Great communicator and natural leader, with strong work ethics and highly logical and organised approach
• Embedded C, Linux and manufacturing experience would be advantageous
Your Package & Perks
• £30,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on experience
• Flexible working hours, to fit around personal commitments and give you time off when you'd like it most (with many of our team finishing at 2 o'clock on Fridays)
• Paid breaks, in our own state-of-the-art open-plan offices
• 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance
• Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
• Private Healthcare Scheme available for you, and the option to add family members
• Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
• Free onsite modern gym, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
Keywords: Software Test Lead, Software Test Engineer, Software Test Developer, Test Engineer, Test Developer, Senior Test Engineer. Senior Test Developer, Software Engineer, Web Engineer, Applications Engineer, Apps Engineer, App Engineer, Computer Engineer