|Job Ref:||204750155||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Bournemouth||Address:||Post Code:||BH8||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum DOE||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
Job Title: Business/IT Project Manager |
Salary: £40-45k depending on proven experience of core role elements
The role will involve project managing both IT and Non IT based projects. A background in IT Project Management is required which needs to include experience of the software test cycle and project managing test plans. Travel to Dorking 1 day per week is required (on occasion it may be 2 days per week) A pool car is provided for any business travel.
You will be working alongside the Managing Director, Management Team and Systems Development as well all other project Stakeholders for any given project. Reporting directly to the Managing Director and indirectly to other Department Managers you will take on responsibility for the planning and ongoing Management of all project plans across the business.
* The construction and administration of all Business and IT project documentation
* Manage the generation of business test plans and work with stakeholders to ensure timely and appropriate user acceptance testing
* Assist the Managing Director in the implementation of a best practice project management discipline throughout the company
* Resource management for resources assigned to projects to ensure projects are charged for / budgeted accordingly
* Maintain a high standard of personal performance
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a project management role with a minimum of 1 year in delivering IT projects and 1 years' experience as a Lead Project Manager
* Recognised Project/Change Management Qualification such as Prince 2 or proven work experience demonstrating Project Management/Change Management processes
* Be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the foundations of quality Project Management
* Project(s) scope
* Project Monitoring and control
* Risk Management
* Inter Project Dependency Management
* Change control, Quality Assurance and Cross Project Dependencies
* Scheduling, Critical paths & Milestone structuring & dependency
* Budget vs Actual costing controls
* Resourcing and task conflict management
* Task Accountability
* Phased deliverables
* Experience of continuous business change management and priority, demand and timeline shifts
* Excellent relationship development skills, with the ability to balance work and interaction with internal stakeholders, key suppliers and industry contacts.
* Effective evaluation of the required resources to attain project goals
* Responsibility for managing and overseeing time spent on project milestones and deliverables to ensure that they are completed within specified time frame and to budget
* Integration and Management of 3rd party Business resources into company projects
* Proven track record of both on time/budget successes and business critical re-phasing decisions against project deliverables
* Clear understanding of software test cycle management for IT systems or solutions
* Work with business stakeholders to ensure delivery/benefit expectations are met
* Hosting of project debriefing/lessons learned meetings and resolving shortcomings in future project plans
* Experience in management information reporting, budget, timeline and project KPI reporting
* Experience with collaborative project management systems and training of business stakeholders in plan updates
* Quality of Delivery focus of all projects through scope, resource, timescale balance
* Experienced in structured methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
* Provision of cost/benefit analysis against project deliverables
* Previous experience with a collaborative project management system such as Zoho Project.
* Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
* Good communicator with an open and direct, yet personable and empathetic approach to all Project Stakeholders
* Previous experience of IT and business level project successes
* Ability to communication to and enthuse all stakeholders in a shared vision of the project success as determined by key Management staff
* The ability to remain calm and retain control under pressure
* Able to enthuse and inspire, remain realistic and display competence in managing deliverables
* The role is Bournemouth based but regular travel to the head office in Dorking and other local sites will be required as part of this role - a company pool car is available in Bournemouth. Full/clean driving licence is vital.
* Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays
* Working hours 37 hour working week 9:00-5:30 Mon - Thurs and 9:00-5:00pm Fri
* Company flexi time scheme after six months probationary and Government Pension Scheme
Please also attach a covering letter explaining why you are well suited to the role you are applying for.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: (url removed)