|Job Ref:||204749474||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Salary:||£0.00 - £40/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:51|
Software Test Engineer/ Leicester/ 12 month Contract/ £40Ltd per Hour|
My client is a well respected engineering organisation who is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Software Test Engineer to join their dedicated team of IT professionals to be based out of their impressive operations in Leicester, East Midlands. This is an initial 12 month contract and is paying a rate of £40Ltd per hour. Please find the role description below:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the testing of developed software across multiple projects ensuring that all output meets defined functional and non-functional requirements and that all defects are effectively managed and resolved. This would be highly desirable to have experience of working within a logistics/similar business. Other key requirements include:
Generation of test documentation from design documents including trace ability
Working to budget and schedule, demonstrating flexibility to meet the projects dates
Working with external clients, performing testing in the environment
Working in a software Controlled environment, knowledge of release and configuration management
* Ensure that all functional and non-functional design requirements are correctly translated into
test cases / scenarios
* To ensure the configuration control of the hardware and software test environment is
* To perform the required testing and accurately record/report test results.
* Perform testing activities within the project cost and time constraints.
* Ensure that identified defects are properly identified and reviewed.
* To read the requisite design documentation and gain a full understanding of the functional
and non-functional project requirements.
* To independently decompose the system design requirements into logical units for testing
* To create the test strategies, plans and specifications and include detailed test cases to
validate positive / negative scenarios for each logical unit.
* Configure environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
* To work within customer environments performing and recording tests
* To execute the detailed test cases and maintain the test records with associated results /
* Provide test summary reports to the Project Team.
* To provide necessary support to the software development team by resolving queries relating
to identified defects.
* To advise on the selection of any test software or tools required for testing.
* Monitor and update defect reports including defect closeout.
* Deliver released software from development / test to customer sites and complete final User
Acceptance Testing at the clients facility.
Please register interest by submitting an up to date CV without delay.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position