|Job Ref:||204753302||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£475/day||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:53|
An IT Storage and Hardware Specialist is required for 5 months (likely to be extended) based in Leeds|
The IT Storage and Hardware Specialist will be required to support Infrastructure Environment including hardware, security, software and network day to day support activities. Design for connectivity from existing desktop to re-hosted cloud service, to include contingency for interim network infrastructure. Assurance report on delivery of services, and identification of any non-compliance with technology standards and principles.
The IT Storage and Hardware Specialist will have an end-to-end testing approach for disaggregated service. Low level service integration approach and delivery plan. High level user transition plan including data migration, for users moving to Official platform service.
Design and deliver monitoring supporting multiple systems. This is a key role within the team and will provide support and administration of an Enterprise Splunk Platform across varying systems and platforms. Act as a technical specialist, providing technical resolution of incidents for the National system monitoring systems
Experience/skills required -
In-depth experience on storage management to include specific devices and systems. Deep knowledge on IT Hardware to include Servers, Network Switches and client desktop machines.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent higher education qualification or experience such as Linux/Ubuntu/CentOS
* Splunk Enterprise 6 Cluster Administration for large scale multi-site deployments
* Splunk - Advanced Search, Reporting and Dashboard implementation
* Splunk - Creating Knowledge Objects
* Experience in Linux operating system (Ubuntu preferred)
* Windows 2008 (and above) server administration
* Scripting knowledge preferably Python,
* Basic Network Protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, UDP, etc)
* Knowledge of version control systems, databases, directories and LDAP would be useful.
* Experience of working in a DevOps environment would be an advantage.
* Experience in Splunk Software Upgrades
* Splunk Enterprise Security
This role will require security clearance and will pay £475 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)