|Job Ref:||204748942||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Trowbridge||Address:||Post Code:||BA14||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum See Job Spec||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:54|
Would you like to join an organisation which is committed to shaping the future of public transport?|
How about joining a company who utilises pioneering technology in the transit industry?
The Project Manager will be required to take responsibility for the successful delivery of all assigned projects across the product set, and to assist all other Project Managers in the delivery of complex projects. The role will be a key member of the Professional Services team, with clear targets for increasing the company's UK's net revenues.
* Successful delivery of projects from order, through to closure for time, budget and quality.
* Ensuring that financial and contractual commitments are met.
* Identifying process improvements designed to drive best practice and operating efficiencies.
The role is Staverton-based and may involve some travel.
* Ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner and all deliverables are tested, completed and documented.
* Register up to date throughout project.
* Ensure delivery and sign off of all contractual requirements.
* Ability to report progress accurately throughout the lifetime of a project.
* Quarterly analysis and review of revenue and WIP, measuring actual against target outputs.
* Ensure that all projects under your care are managed efficiently and delivered to time and cost.
* Work to improve the project delivery within the business unit, in line with TGUK quality processes.
* Produce realistic project plans and set appropriate goals.
* Project plans produced to time and specification.
* Quality plans produced to time and specification.
* Keep accurate and up to date financial overview of project delivery during the project lifecycle.
* Ownership of utilisation according to target for professional services team.
* Effectively lead and motivate technical delivery staff.
* Monthly work allocation / utilisation monitoring
ROLE: Project manager (5 years' experience) based in Staverton, Wiltshire, or Manchester. Assistant Project Manager £24000, Project Manager up to £35000.
Additional salary information: Multiple benefits and discretionary bonus of up to 20% of annual salary.
Project Manager | Assistant Project Manager | Project Co-ordinator | PRINCE2 | Project Management | Agile Methodology
* 2 years' experience in Project Management at running small, up to 50K project APM, or 4 years running projects PM.
* Two years as a Project Co-ordinator or Assistant Project Manager with public sector clients and exposure to the transport sector would be beneficial.
* PRINCE2 & ITIL qualifications would also be an advantage - if not already qualified, then a willingness to gain these qualifications is required. Fully paid for by the company.
Levels of capability required for entry to role:
* A Degree (ideally) in a relevant technical discipline (IT software/systems, Transportation or Engineering) and a strong technical/engineering background.
* Experience in a similar role, working for a software company or system integrator.
* Strong client facing skills and abilities, able to build relationships and involve clients in contributing to systems integration.
* Comfortable in a targeted, high intensity work environment, where resources and time are finite.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
* Capable of, and willing to 'muck in' and undertake the day to day tasks, as well as contributing to the strategic aims of the team.
* Experience working with public sector clients would be beneficial.
* Knowledge and experience in Earned Value Management and Agile project methodologies would be beneficial.
We are one of the leading software providers in the UK transport market. We provide a broad range of software products and ancillary services that have been designed to enable local authorities and bus operators to optimize and enhance the provision of transport services.
All of our solution sales include an element of system integration, which involves data integration, configuration and client-specific customisations (which may involve interfaces to other systems or reports generation).
The projects are usually fixed price. They can range in size from £5k, through to £500k, and from a few weeks, to several months