|Job Ref:||204747350||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£12 - £17.40/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:54|
Senior Service Desk Technician / Team Leader position required for a long term contract (6-12 months +) with potential to become a permanent position. Based in Portsmouth, Hampshire.|
Working for a well-established Public Sector organisation, you will be working within the central Service Desk team in a Senior Support position. The Client is ideally looking for someone who has experience working in a Senior Support capacity who is looking to progress their career in to a Team Leader / Supervisor position.
* To support and maintain PC hardware, software and networking systems either via the telephone, email or, using remote control software, to take control of the user's PC and resolve the problem. Ensure information is accurately captured on to ITBM and if a problem cannot be resolved via the telephone, email or using remote control software, to re-direct the call to the appropriate team.
* To provide support for the Client Support Manager in times of absence.
* Conform to roles of Service Desk Analyst as defined by ITIL and will include responsibility for ownership of incidents and requests for service.
* To work on specific IT projects, e.g. Service desk upgrades, when required by the Client Support Manager.
* Deliver against agreed objectives, achieving quality outcomes.
* Retrieve and respond in a timely manner to any voicemails left out of hours, or during busy periods
* To ensure that appropriate security policies and guidelines are adhered to; to notify senior management of any security risks or issues.
* When necessary, to promptly escalate problems to the Client Support Manager to ensure any inconvenience to the customer is minimised and service levels are met
Whilst on the role you will then be supported and developed to progress in to a Senior / Team Lead capacity within the department. You will act as an escalation point for any issues with the Service Desk Technicians, taking responsibility for making sure team SLA's are met and supporting the Client Support Manager and Service Desk Manager in the day to day supervision and management of the team and Service Desk Delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone working in a technical remote support position to progress their career within a large scale Public Sector organisation. This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £12 - £14 + HP PAYE or £13 - £17.40 ltd/umbrella per hour depending on your level of experience. For the substantiave post, the salary is to be negotiated but will be in the region of 20k - 23k pa