|Job Ref:||204747255||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Southend-On-Sea||Address:||Post Code:||SS2||Salary:||£400 - £435/day||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:54|
Product Development Manager - Public Sector|
We are seeking a Product Development Manager - Public Sector with strong experience of the below requirements. The initial contract runs for 3 months and you will be working for a Public Sector organisation based in Southend-on-Sea.
Daily Rate: Up to £435 per day
The successful candidate must either hold DS clearance or be willing to undergo security vetting in order to obtain the level required.
You will be required to support the Business outcome by:
* Manage the project ensuring delivery within agreed time, cost and quality constraints in support of the rolling change programme
* Managing a team of people in a matrix management environment
* Demonstrable coaching, development and knowledge transfer of skills to internal Technical Delivery Managers and other team members
* Working with Senior Technical Delivery Manager to influence technical direction
* Working with Resource Managers to plan out and secure resources
Key Knowledge and Skills
* Proven experience of working on large scale virtualisation projects including experience of Oracle applications.
* A proven track record of enabling delivery of significant technical change initiatives in a large private or public sector organisation
* A broad understanding of change management and programme / project management approaches and techniques
* Experience of managing a team of technicians and analysts
* Essential Prince 2 Practitioner accreditation and/or other professional PM qualifications
* Strong leadership skills and considerable experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams as well as building strong relationships across organisational boundaries
* Experience of managing work and deliverables of internal and external suppliers
* Experience of working within a structured and an unstructured project delivery environment including agile and waterfall deliveries in a complex business and/or IT environment
* People development through coaching and mentoring
You will be required to deliver IT projects by:
* Producing verified work estimates
* Drafting the project governance plan and reaching agreement on governance arrangements for the technical delivery with stakeholders
* Completing project schedules and plans covering all technical activity and incorporating business and user contributions
* Preparing supplier proposals
* Integrating technical components with other project deliverables to ensure delivery of new and enhanced services
* Ensuring work is completed to deadlines and deliverables meet expectations
* Managing project expenditure by capturing actual work effort and costs and maintaining records in the project finance record
* Defining and agreeing work packages
* Developing and delivering prototype solutions
* Producing progress reports, highlight reports and exception reports
* Completing project schedules covering all technical activity and integrating technical components with other project deliverables
* Identifying and managing project technical risks and inter work stream dependencies
* Integrating technical components with other project deliverables
Please note the closing date for applications for this role is 3.00pm on the 7th October 2016
If you considering a move from your current role please apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Bhavit Panchmatia on (url removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)