|Job Ref:||204747115||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum excellent benefits + training||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:54|
Junior Systems Administrator - Global Advertising Agency - PC/MAC - London - £35k |
One of the world's leading advertising firm's are hiring a Junior Systems Administrator to join their prestigious London team based near Liverpool Street. An opportunity that will be second to none for someone who is looking for a vibrant working environment, with state of the art technology, career progression and a host of fantastic benefits including a well-being bursary, Summer Fridays, 40% off a Nike Town, Gym Discounts and Extra holidays for length of service.
Main Responsibilities in the Job:
* Implementation and maintenance of all back office systems including Windows Servers, Active Directory, Enterprise Anti-Virus, and other technology services.
* Monitors, maintains, and coordinates provisioning of telephone services.
* Administer all Data Systems, in terms of up upgrading repository.
* Monitors, maintains, and coordinates the provision of network routers, and primary essential hardware in all server rooms.
* Monitors and evaluates current technology trends and threats, while creating solutions to utilize and mitigate the situation as needed.
* Setup new accounts for Active Directory and Gmail, while adding proper groups to the account.
* Manage, delete, and archive Active Directory and Gmail accounts.
* Managing and supporting Xinet server (DAM). We have a support company, who supplied the system, on hand to provide additional technical support if required.
Day-to-day desktop-type support:
* Provide support for PC software and hardware computers within the agency.
* Responsible for upgrading hardware equipment that is considered end of life.
* Creates and maintains relationships with PC related vendors, and makes recommendations and or suggestions of current technology with ideas for upcoming trends.
* Plans and implements software upgrades and OS releases within the agency after testing internally.
* Supports, calibrates, and maintains color-printing resources within the agency. Ordering consumables for the color printers, and maintains printer inventory. Calls in equipment for repairs.
* Coordinates requested training on PC related products for all employees.
* Manages, maintains, distributes, and testing of all PC imaging based items for the all PC equipment.
* Acts as main point of contact on PC related projects.
* Responsible for PC/Mac computer and phone setup for internal moves.
* Syncs /supports current mail accounts for mobile devices and tablets.
* Provides backup Mac Support Tech and AV Support Tech.
Qualifications, Distinguishing Characteristics and Special Requirements
* Advanced Advertising related experience preferred.
* MCP certification, one or more desired.
* 3-4 years experience maintaining and supporting PC/Macintosh hardware and software.
* 1-3 years experience managing windows server systems in a corporate environment.
Preferred level of knowledge in the following technologies:
* Microsoft Windows Server.
* Active Directory.
* Enterprise Internet and Email technologies.
* Spam and anti-virus.
* Understanding of virtualization strategies and technologies (VMware vSphere and vCenter).
* A good level knowledge of IP based networking technologies and protocols.
* A thorough understanding of DNS and DHCP.
* WAN technologies and theory.
* A good understanding of Mac OS 10.10, 10.11, and Apple technologies.
* Ability to work under pressure in a creative environment.
* Excellent customer service skills, able to juggle workload and prioritize projects.
* Ability to interact with internal and external clients at a variety of levels and across functions.
* A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
* Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail.
* Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow through skills.
* Able to move large objects such as desktop computers and monitors with no additional help.
* Mentors and trains the Mac/PC technician.
* Some after-hours work required.
Ideally you will have experience of a busy IT Support environment would be beneficial especially if from a Creative, Media or Advertising Agency. Interviews will commence ASAP for the right candidates