|Job Ref:||204749084||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£21000 - £26000/annum Bonus, Pension, PMI, Health Insuranc||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:55|
Another unique opportunity has arisen to join my client who is a global giant within their industry at one of their offices based in Cambridge.|
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The candidate will be part of the infrastructure team and will be expected to support users on a wide range of infrastructure technologies including Windows/Linux desktops, Windows servers, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco Networking and others. We are looking for someone with experience in a similar role looking for a new challenge.
The role would suit an IT or Engineering graduate looking for their first or second job following University wanting to have a role that they could expand their knowledge and gain responsibility. Candidates that have worked in R&D environments would be preferred.
If you feel you have what's needed to join my clients team and are looking to start progressing in a career in IT and have not decided to specialise yet then this is the opportunity that you have been looking for.
* PC desktop Support, all aspects of building and supporting primarily Windows desktops but willing to learn Linux (Fedora/Ubuntu)
* Support to all hardware on site, including replacing parts
* Escalating issues to 3rd line support with proper technical troubleshooting
* Network port configuration on Cisco switches.
* Cisco Wi-Fi support
* Administration of various security and access tools.
* Printer support
* Microsoft Exchange 2013 administration
* Create and maintain Infrastructure documentation.
* Contribute to IS projects, rollouts/upgrades
* Maintaining Cisco phone system.
* Degree (BSC Hons) or equivalent & relevant experience in a similar role
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Customer service orientated
* Awareness for IT security and all its implications
* Logical troubleshooting
* Good IT/Engineering degree
* Excellent written/verbal communications.
* Logical and highly organised
* ITIL aware and willing to follow and improve processes
* Quick learner
* Knowledge of at least one scripting or programming language
* Understanding of more than one operating system
* Understanding of TCP/IP networking
* Virtual computing VMware/Virtual box
* Enterprise storage.
* IT Industry certifications (Microsoft/Cisco/Red Hat)
* Web servers
* Graduate to 3 years of Infrastructure support experience