|Job Ref:||85817BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Industry:||Manufacturing||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glenrothes||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:03|
Manufacturing Engineer |
Summary of Role:
Manufacturing Engineer based in Glenrothes providing engineering support within one of the Integrated Program Teams (IPT). The role will be primarily focused on product manufacturing and process integrity, effectiveness and efficiency. Take ownership for product performance throughout the manufacturing process. Provide reporting and performance analysis as required. Role will be program-focused as a support function to the IPT.
• Active and innovative Engineer - drive improvement through the use of Best in Class and World Class Manufacturing principles.
• Active Team Member - participate in team activities with Integrated Program Team, Engineering and other project teams.
• Use manufacturing data to identify and address issues - proactively
• Use data to drive Systemic Root Cause and Corrective Action.
• Identify, expedite and / or escalate any quality or performance issues
• Identify skills training or development requirements and escalate through management
• Participate in regular Manufacturing Engineering sub-team meetings
• Report & maintain Manufacturing Engineering metrics, track performance against Team KPI and Individual Goals & Objectives
• Ensure metrics are used / responded to in order to optimize processes
• Support the Program Cells and the rest of the Engineering community when required
• Support Engineering Management
• Where required participate in DFM and "manufacturability" analyses and reporting.
• Where required participate in NPI activities and reporting
• High performance Engineer and self-starter
• Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes over a wide range of technologies and production platforms.
• Strong knowledge of electro-mechanical and system level build processes.
• Analytical engineer who can process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems and communicate the outcomes at all levels.
• Good team player who takes ownership of problems and participates fully in team activities.
• Can demonstrate contribution to specific improvements in Production Programs' effectiveness efficiency and optimization.
• Can understand and promote the use of Equipment / Machine SPC to identify potential issues and prevent them
• Can lead / participate in process FMEA development, review and risk mitigation processes
• Experience of various manufacturing platforms e.g. Shop Floor Execution Systems (NGMES), Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (SAP)
• Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
• Proven technical presentation skills
• Minimum degree qualified in Manufacturing / Production Engineering or other related Engineering subject.
• Proven track record in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
• Driven, confident Engineer able to create and maintain enthusiasm and energy levels across the team.
• Confident self-starter who must be able to encourage improvement and challenge the Status Quo.
• Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines and to work with Engineering peer groups across the Manufacturing Division.
Power & Control
Raytheon UK Manufacturing is an exciting place to work for top rated professionals who desire a challenging yet rewarding role.
With headquarters in Glenrothes, Scotland, the Power and Control business designs, develops and manufactures advanced power conversion products and electronic control systems. These consist of power management and distribution; missile guidance and control; AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies; motor control; power modules; hybrid microcircuits and semiconductors.
Our Innovative power solutions are a technology success story. The company is busy introducing new products from its own design centre in the UK and several complex products from Raytheon US.
The latest addition to our Power and Control portfolio is the development of High Temperature Silicon Carbide (HiTSic). This technology has potential applications in aerospace, energy and green-related industries as it enables integrated circuits and transistors to operate in temperatures of between 300°C - 400°C. This pioneering technology is also a first for the industry and demonstrates Raytheon's commitment to growing its business and capabilities in the UK. With this technology, Raytheon has secured a genuinely world leading position.
Industrial Process and New Product Initiative (NPI) Engineers will be expected to introduce new products and develop processes to ensure components are capable of withstanding exceptional G-forces or extreme temperatures.
Our products must comply with strict mission assurance requirements as reliability and precision are essential to the performance of any system that relies on electrical actuation, from missile flight control to systems for radar, armoured vehicles and artillery. To our customers, product quality is paramount.
Established in 1960, Raytheon's Glenrothes facility's design and manufacturing capability includes semiconductor fabrication, substrate and microcircuit manufacture, printed circuit board assembly and unit build - a complete production resource for high-quality electronic subsystems, from wafer and chip to fully packaged units.
If you are looking for a role to enhance your career, in an environment which thrives on innovation as part of a long and distinguished history of technological development, then please apply.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes