|Job Ref:||11321BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Flexible||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 04:02|
In order to ensure the above the individual must produce civil 3D models/drawings and associated schedules taking due account of health and safety requirements, designs, employer's information requirements (EIR), specifications and standards pertaining to the contract. |
The Civil Technician shall be responsible for delivery of contract 3D models/drawings and associated information.
• Work fluently in 3D and 2D to produce structural and topographical models and drawings to the agreed level of detail.
• Produce civil general arrangement and site layout drawings which are clear, accurate, cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned safely and effectively
• Work closely with the design and site teams to maximise the use of design for manufacture and assembly techniques (DFMA).
• Ensure that standard practices and details are utilised wherever possible
• Ensure that previous similar solutions are adapted and utilised wherever possible
• Report problems and deficiencies in the design and brief to an appropriate person
• Maintain competitiveness by ensuring models and drawings are produced within the durations indicated
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the discipline
• Ensure drawing co-ordination and 3D model federation with all other disciplines internal and external to MWH Treatment
• Ensure 3D model/drawing checking and review procedures are followed
• Carry out spatial co-ordination and clash detection on equipment, building steelwork and pipework resolving any clash issues highlighted
• Review supplier/sub-contractor 3D models/drawings submitted (in their native form), convert and federate into the MWH Treatment 3D model and 2D drawings
• Maintain 3D model/drawing files and records throughout the duration of contracts within a common data environment (CDE)
• Upload outputs to online Client/Contractor collaboration systems
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
• Assist in customer satisfaction
• Maintain a personal development plan
• Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff
• Apply the principals of lean construction to reduce waste to a minimum from all discipline activities
• Ensure that 3D models/drawings take full regard of all health and safety requirements
• Consider environmental issues in all design activities
• Good 3D experience (Bentley Microstation suite preferred)
• Experience of using Bentley Projectwise
• Experience of using online client collaboration systems
• Ability to work effectively with remote designers and detailers
• Experience of producing site layouts
• Understanding of the principles of engineering drawing conception and development
• Understanding of the company's drawing and design development procedures.
• Understanding of the principals of BIM level 2 and PAS1192-2
• Ability to produce 3D models/engineering drawings and associated information to a standard appropriate to ensure efficient construction
• Ability to effectively operate CAD systems
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good experience within the Water Industry
• Ability to rationalise drawings and assist in the development of economic plant layouts
• Knowledge of the general requirements of a construction team
• Ability to communicate technical proposals clearly and to understand direction by others.
• Appropriate computer literacy
• Driving license
• Relevant HNC/ONC, BTech HC/HD
We are an equal opportunities employer and offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and a proactive approach to development of our staff.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)