|Job Ref:||204752888||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Leighton Buzzard||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum + DOE + Overtime||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:21|
PLANT HIRE FITTER / ENGINEER (WORKSHOP AND MOBILE)|
Position: Mobile Plant Fitter and Workshop Plant Fitter
Benefits: £25k - £28k DOE plus overtime (call out and company van if mobile)
Hours: Monday - Friday plus overtime
Holiday: 31 days including bank holidays
Our client is one of the UK's leading equipment hire companies having a large portfolio of depots across the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as they believe that in this extremely competitive market that every employee has an important role to play in delivering exceptional customer service and are committed to providing the right environment to further develop your skills in the workplace. To further enhance their successful team they are currently seeking a construction plant fitters for their depot in Bedfordshire.
This role will suit an experienced plant engineer ideally having an NVQ Level 2 in Plant maintenance. The role requires someone who is self-motivated with good customer service skills with a flexible working attitude as you will be representing the company on sites.
Repairing and maintaining construction plant equipment, breakdowns on site and in the workshop based in Bedfordshire, so pprevious experience in a similar role will be essential as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service. You will be recording all faults and rectifications and so a good level of verbal and written communication skills is required. Examples of machinery to be serviced and repaired will include; compressors, roller, dumpers, excavators, air tools, telehandlers, compactors and generators.
* Attending breakdowns on site as well as carrying out PDIs and repairs in the workshop.
* Must have a hands on approach, servicing and repairing all types of construction plant equipment including hydraulic and diesel engines.
* Able to perform administration tasks and complete all paperwork accurately and on time.
* Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude to customer service.
* Maintain Health and Safety to Company standards.
* Working as part of a team in a workshop as well as on site.
* Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical and Mechanical experience gained in plant equipment.
* The ability to service, fault find and repair accordingly.
* Good communication skills.
* NVQ Level 2 in plant maintenance or equivalent.
* Driving Licence.
The ideal candidate will be located in the following areas; Milton Keynes, Letchworth, Hitchin, Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Luton, Stevenage, Welwyn, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Chesham, Amersham, Watford and surrounding areas