|Job Ref:||204752561||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£0 - £50000/annum no car||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:21|
Quantity Surveyor (M+E, Refit and Refurb) |
Salary: £50,000 basic salary, no car
Location: Central London/ South East
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Closing date: ASAP
This is an exceptional opportunity to enhance your career within facilities services working for a leading FTSE250 FM Outsourcing business. A Quantity Surveyor is required to undertake post measuring reactive work on small works and contract work.
* This is a flexible roll encompassing pre and post sales commercial activity, including assistance in securing new works.
* Establish commercial strategy for each project, including resource forecast, risk profile, monitoring parameters, performance to ensure high levels of predictability and secure risk management.
* Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications and invoices for payment so as to maintain a positive cash flow on each project.
* To price and agree variations to contract in accordance with the contract conditions and to the maximum benefit of the project.
* To identify any loss and expense entitlement and to report / advise the same to your line manager.
* To identify and advise your line manager as to and when any items / matters become apparent and that may be delaying the natural progress of the works.
* Provide support to the team in preparation of budgets, cash flow schedules and overhead reviews including monthly reports against budget.
* Proactively control the commercial terms and conditions which MAM enter into, and advise on risk management of these to a conclusion. This applies to supply chain as well as Client contracts.
* To produce subcontractor enquiry documentation and issue for pricing, to undertake assessment of commercial aspects of tender returns and obtain technical appraisal in order to produce recommendation for appointment. To compile sub contract order documentation for issue and endorsement.
* To maintain and forecast sub contractor accounts on a rolling basis, to measure value and agree variations to the sub contract sum and assess any claims for additional costs due to prolongation & or loss expense claims.
* To manage the general supply chain proactively throughout the project life cycle.
* Forge relationships with counterparts in clients, consultants and end users.
* Manage the maintenance & CRF production across projects that you are responsible for ensuring accurate and timely production of cost control and reporting is delivered.
* Maintain a rolling risk management document, reporting on current possible and actual risk and their potential impact and contingency measures on the projects you are assigned to.
* Work with the Commercial Team to investigate and instigate development of new and existing systems and procedures for the accurate reporting of Cost Management, risk monitoring, sales applications and cash flow and historical cost data etc
* To attend departmental and general staff meetings
* Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and/or revised to ensure quality levels are maintained to the required standard.
* Provide financial information to accounts department in a timely manner for management accounts to be produced.
* Initiate and carry out audits and inspections of project related supply chain agreements.
* Provide advice and guidance to the Operations Team on all project related commercial matters.
* Recognise own training requirements and bring them to the attention of your line manager.
* Attend training courses as agreed in Mireview.
Experience/ qualifications required:
* Experienced in the use of/understanding of the National Schedule of Rates (NSR) (or equivalent SOR documentation) within an FM/M&E service contract.
* MS Excel (intermediate)
* MS Word (Intermediate)
*JCT and/or NEC3 contract experience
* Experience within construction/projects/facilities maintenance industry
* An HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying or Construction related studies
We are looking for a self-starter to who is happy to work on their own and with a team so if you feel you match our client's criteria then please apply now