|Job Ref:||204752147||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Twickenham||Address:||Salary:||£20 - £30/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:21|
We are currently looking on behalf of our client for a Senior Surveyor to provide comprehensive technical advice service on all aspects of adaptation and repair work being undertaken on behalf of the Local Authority.|
To work closely with Occupational Therapists, Internal and External contractors and other technical staff to ensure that grant funding is used effectively and efficiently to allow disabled clients to live independently in their own homes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To liaise with a range of internal and external agencies such as Occupational Therapists (OT's), design services, statutory authorities and other agencies with regard to repairs and adaptation matters. In particular work closely with OT's to determine the technical feasibility and most cost effective solution to a scheme.
2. To work closely with specialist staff to determine the condition of existing and vacant properties identifying and analysing their suitability for adaptation for use by disabled clients where the local authority has a duty to assist.
3. To carry out detailed surveys of residential properties to assess the feasibility of adaptation schemes recommended by the OT. Take measurements and prepare detailed schedules of the adaptation or remedial works required. To arrange for contractors to cost works through a schedule of rates or tendering. Evaluate priced schemes upon receipt ensuring all works obtain Building Regulation and planning approval where appropriate and comply with all statutory and audit requirements.
4. To arrange start dates, supervise and inspect work on site, make valuations for interim and final payments and complete certificates for the amount of grant monies to be paid. Agree additional work (where appropriate) and assess and certify accounts.
5. Monitor the performance of new and existing contractors to ensure that the quality of work is compliant to the standards stipulated in the schedule of works and value for money is obtained. Ensure any disputes with contractors are resolved promptly to ensure works get completed on time.
6. To work closely with clients who have a range of mental and physical disabilities or who exhibit aggressive/challenging behaviour with empathy respect and understanding. To act on behalf of clients in disputes with contractors and mediate where possible over defects of workmanship or materials used during the defect liability period.
7. Work methodically and under pressure managing own caseload to ensure the efficient completion of DFGs to meet individual targets and target set for the team. Keep detailed and accurate records on database.
The ideal candidate will have:
-Extensive technical and building construction knowledge and keep up to date with new systems and developments.
-Three or more years' experience of working as a Surveyor in a HIA.
-To lead on complex cases, supervise, train and guide less experienced surveyors